The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot stop taking the engine into the second cam. I never thought it can be so addicting.

My gas milage is definitely hurting, but I don't care about that, I am more concern about any potential long term wear and tear issues.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I almost for got to add.... After removing the Snorkel it made my lead foot even worst....

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It wont "damage" your engine but it is putting more constant stress on it so it will essentially shorten its life span.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wouldnt worry about the lifespan tho. This engine was made to rev. Ive had mine for 110k miles and not had a single problem ever. And any time I can take it to redline I do so. I love it to death. Keep up with maintenance and you should be fine.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Have Charlie lower you cam changeover point and it's even better.

·
Registered
454 Posts
+ get an aftermarket exhaust like arqray or stage II and you will be on the second all the time.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
I wouldnt worry about the lifespan tho. This engine was made to rev. Ive had mine for 110k miles and not had a single problem ever. And any time I can take it to redline I do so. I love it to death. Keep up with maintenance and you should be fine.
:clap:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
CAI + FF header + hi-flo cat + Stage II + Charle lower cam switchover tune = 2nd Cam utopia (bring ear plugs when you visit though).

That reminds me, I have to call FF to find out if they have any [email protected]#$ing cat-bypasses in yet. I'm a little scared to think what this thing is going to sound like then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts