The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never purchase from Motortime on Ebay. 6 weeks they played with my money and lied to me. I finally got a refund today. They claim to sell rebuilt 2ZZ motors for 2k plus core charge. They lied to me for five weeks about it being in shipping. I talked to UPS freight and they said nothing was shipped, talked to Visa and Google Checkout and once they got involved Motortime refunded my money saying they intercepted the motor before it got to the border and no longer wish to do business.

Regardless, I need a new motor. Old one is toast and is not fixable... head and block is damaged beyond repair.

Any suggestions? Anybody on here have one they want to unload from a write off or something?

Crate motor supplier suggestions?

I thought about a built motor from MWR but don't really care for a custom tune.

Regards,

Will

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Give Tom a call At AutoEurope. 248 645 6300

Tell him Tony V sent you. they often have motors and trannys sitting there..

·
Registered
856 Posts
Look up NoyanUSA.com

They are in Manassas VA and deal with Japanese take-out motors (wrecked cars, cars with 50K miles or less, etc)

I bet you can get one pretty cheap.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shortblock does not help... I also need a head. I would prefer a complete motor. Forcefed seems like a good option. MWR supplied all the parts on my last motor built. I got 1200km out of that head before I blew a valve and toasted my block (over-rev). I want something I can mount my SC on and just be done with. I don't want to build another motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts