The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled this silver bolt out of the bottom of my driver's side door last night. It's an Allen head, 5/32 or #4. Had two washers with it, not sure what you call them. Didn't find a nut.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Internal tooth lock, thanks man, never knew the name!

Mirror isn't loose at all, but that's a good idea. I can't find it in the link above though, anyone know what it's under?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be damn, that's in, thanks San! Now I just have to figure out how to get to where it came from and put it back. Take the door panel back off I suppose?

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I'll be damn, that's in, thanks San! Now I just have to figure out how to get to where it came from and put it back. Take the door panel back off I suppose?
Sorry, don't have any experience in that area. Maybe someone else will chime in.

San

·
Registered
972 Posts
If it was one of those screws that hold the mirror on, you should have rubber trim running around the edge of the door especially by the mirror. Mine was stuck on with adhesive, you'll need to pry that back and you may see some black circle stickers that cover 2 of the 3 holes for the mirrors.

Once you pull back the rubber trim and stickers, the holes will be there - sorry I'm not sure what size MM that is but with some finesse (or glue) you may be able to hold the bolt onto the end of a hex wrench, put it through the hole in the door and gently align it and get it back in place.

It's not the easiest thing getting those in or out so you have to be patient. If this turned out to be an entirely different screw, feel free to disregard :up:

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
San, thank you anyway.

451, I'm absolutely sure this is the screw, and thanks for the tutorial, I'll tackle it today!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts