The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my car put on wheel spacers, longer studs and nuts. The lug nut removal tool has stripped its internal ridges that lock onto the nuts and I need to replace it but I can't track down where it came from. The spacers are H&R but this tool doesn't look like it is from H&R. As the photos show, the nuts and tool have corrosion so replacing everything would be an option but I still need to remove the current nuts. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
not your dad's puns
1,765 Posts
I suggest checking with your local discount tire, I know they stock a wide variety of lug security tools - in fact I bought a spare there, for what I thought was a unique specialty key on another vehicle.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I could be wrong but, it looks like it might be Gorilla locks. As stated above; check with a local tire shop that does a fait amount of aftermarket wheels. Gorilla locks are very common.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@realrundell - thanks for the tip - the tool I need does look just like the ones from Gorilla. I checked out the Gorilla web site and it looks like their locks have irregular splines making the key for each car unique. The one I have uses 7 equally spaces splines so may not be from them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
It appears only half of the inside is stripped. Cut the stripped part off. If you don't have access to any tools, moat NAPA stores have a machine shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts