The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone able to tell me what brand oil pan this is and how much oil to use for oil change? No stampings of a brand on the outside. Thank you.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
fun game. GPAN v1

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
756 Posts
I got wonna dem! It came free with my Elise. original gPan. Little plugged hole is for your oil temperature sender and is 1/8 pipe thread. I forget what bizarre size Allen the drain plug takes, but I ended up using a bolt clamped in vice grips to do my first oil change because I didn't have one that big in imperial measurement.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
one thing i just noticed - I've never put 6liters of oil in this pan during oil changes. typically 5.6qt gets me to the top line of the dipstick. I've also got a strange issue that might be exclusive to me- when i press the dipstick all the way in, it "twangs" against the tray on top of the oil pan, which results in an inaccurate reading. I have tried bending it slightly but that has never helped. I either reverse the direction for oil reads, or I let it "twang" and then take the reading the next day.

And, it pains me that they put imperial fasteners on a car composed of metric ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one thing i just noticed - I've never put 6liters of oil in this pan during oil changes. typically 5.6qt gets me to the top line of the dipstick. I've also got a strange issue that might be exclusive to me- when i press the dipstick all the way in, it "twangs" against the tray on top of the oil pan, which results in an inaccurate reading. I have tried bending it slightly but that has never helped. I either reverse the direction for oil reads, or I let it "twang" and then take the reading the next day.

And, it pains me that they put imperial fasteners on a car composed of metric ones.
I believe I have the same thing happening to me. When pushing down it stops before going all the way in then when I push a little harder it makes a click or snap into place. I just recently bought the car and dipstick is reading really high. I'm going to change out the oil and see if the correct amount was in or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts