The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 CO elise 8k miles star shield, touring pack, sport pack, deck with 7 inch screen. $35799

Well i stopped and looked at it today for about 2 minutes and it looked great. I have an appointment to look at it with a sales men tomorrow at 5pm. I wanna know what you guys think of it and if its an ok deal.

Well i posted a link to the sf craigslist but it wont work for some reason. If you go to craigs list for the san francisco bay area and type in elise its the only orange one.

This is the only CO i have seen for sale in the area for months and thats really the color i wanted so that counts for a lot 2006 LOTUS ELISE,SPORT TOURING PKG .DVD.STARSHIELD UNDER WARRANTY . Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The correct link is

2006 LOTUS ELISE,SPORT TOURING PKG .DVD.STARSHIELD UNDER WARRANTY

I saw that car on CL as well. Looks very nice to me, but I know nothing about the reputation of Conti Auto Sales. CO is a great color, but that 7" monitor seems a bit much for that small cockpit. Price seems reasonable to me given what I've seen of used '06 Elises with that kind of mileage. I would obviously take it for a PPI to an authorized Lotus dealer before making a purchase.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are those sport package wheels? I thought the sport package wheels were the split spoke wheels.:shrug: And thanks for the link.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So are those sport package wheels? I thought the sport package wheels were the split spoke wheels.:shrug: And thanks for the link.
I find the whole Lotus wheel thing very confusing :confused: I think those are the LSS black pack wheels but someone who knows more about these things will probably chime in. Whatever they are, I like them! :up:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Also listed here...

chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/ctd/804288864.html
barcelona.es.craigslist.es/ctd/795413775.html
toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/ctd/795309093.html
seoul.craigslist.co.kr/ctd/795414277.html
barcelona.en.craigslist.es/ctd/795413775.html
taipei.craigslist.com.tw/ctd/795312510.html

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Here is what I would do...

Tell them that is doesnt have sport pack and that should lower price, check to make sure car fax is clean, tell them that you have to have a Lotus dealer inspect the car and do an ECU dump. See what they say...

Also, here is one FS on here, same price, same miles, WAY more options...and best part is that its a owner on here...
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/fs-2006-elise-35-900-a-60256/

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Are those the "black pack" wheels...or maybe the base wheels which have been painted or powdercoated?

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not saying that either car is a bad deal just don't be afraid to buy one out of your area. You don't want to limit yourself to only a few cars that are close to home. I bought mine down in Tennessee and drove it back home to Michigan, and I had a blast doing it.:shift:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Those are base wheels....
Yes, those are absolutely the base wheels, either powdercoated or painted. While this is a good indicator the car doesn't have the sport pack option (as wheels can be changed out) a quick check of the oil coolers will confirm or deny whether the car was shipped with the sport package. Peek in the intakes on either side of the center intake on the front clam. Sports pack- 2, Base - 1. At the end of the day, though, Cory is correct - even if it does have the two coolers and uprated suspension, without the wheels it's not a complete sport pack.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Banned
874 Posts
Not a good deal. I gave it a quick look and it didnt seem to have a hardtop. With hardtop 34K MAX. w/o hardtop 33K MAX.

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Banned
874 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts