The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, long story, but I'll be in VA Beach in October (driving down from DC) for a wedding and just found out that the hotel they've booked me at has no covered parking.

Besides not wanting to take the chance with rain and leaks in my top (wish I had the car so I could know if it's a problem or not), I'd like to keep it somewhere secured- can anyone who's familiar with this area help me out with perhaps a parking garage that's more secure nearby or something like that?

Here's the place:

1901 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451 USA

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage.mi?marshaCode=ORFVA

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you're going to a wedding via I-95 and I-64, why not just take the S4?

Eating highway miles at high speeds is what the S4 is built for.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
don't have a parking garage, but while you're down here, drop me a line, we'll see if we can't scrape up some sort of elisetalk get-together. I will most definitely have my elise by then, also.

There may be an autocross going on then, too...

Cade

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know.... that would be the logical thing to do.... but I'm going with a fun girl friend, it's a wedding with friends and guests I haven't seen since college... it's the beach... it's only a few hours drive...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, definitely would like to hook up with some other Eliser's! Will keep in touch...

·
Registered
140 Posts
m100 Sean said:
Hi guys, long story, but I'll be in VA Beach in October (driving down from DC) for a wedding and just found out that the hotel they've booked me at has no covered parking.

Besides not wanting to take the chance with rain and leaks in my top (wish I had the car so I could know if it's a problem or not), I'd like to keep it somewhere secured- can anyone who's familiar with this area help me out with perhaps a parking garage that's more secure nearby or something like that?

Here's the place:

1901 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451 USA

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage.mi?marshaCode=ORFVA

Thanks in advance,
If I recall correctly, the Holiday Inn (or something like that) has a covered garage. It should be at 17th and Atlantic, just a few blocks away.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sean,

You can leave your car in my garage...I'll take GREAT care of it, and I'll try to keep the revs low!

I'd in for a Virginia Elese get-together too! Max

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha ha, I'd be happy to put it in your garage, but I'd have to do the driving ;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'll ask around tomorrow.

BTW, I'm in Richmond (with garage), and would love to meet up with everyone.

Let us know the details.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice to hear from others in VA.

We have a bunch of guys in NoVA, MD and DC that will be getting together once a few of the cars get in. October sounds good. Keep an eye on the mid-Atlantic Regional forum.

I'll put together an email list later so that we can coordinate better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a garage

I can offer up my garage to keep an elise safe from the elements, I'm in Hampton, VA. Just pardon the drool marks since mine won't be here until after the first of the year.

I'm also up for a VA get together.

-Brad

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I definitely want to be able to access it, close to my hotel. I have a feeling I'll be giving a few rides to friends at the wedding, etc.. So far the nearest parking garage seems the most convenient, but I don't know if I'd be able to sleep (visions of evil people doing bad things to my car)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts