The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday, I dropped my motorcycle and broke the tip of the brake lever. There's enough of a lever that it's still usable.

Unfortunately, a replacement lever is on back order. Does anyone know of a super strong glue that I can use to glue the tip back onto the lever? Is there a special type of glue for metals?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
There's JB Weld, but i don't recommend it. You would rather NOT have the tip of your handle than to have it glued on and have it break-off when you least expect it.

Bob

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
A good two-part Epoxy MAY work, but I would only use it provided that the brake would still be operable if the joint failed - does that make sense ? Also, make damn sure that the lever is otherwise undamaged - after all, brakes are kindof important....;)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
NOt a good idea on a motorcycle brake lever, if the lever is solid alum, it can be welded, but wouldn't look pretty, you only need it temporarily anyway.

No way I'd trust any kind of adhesive on the particular part. If you can't weld it just get a stub.

Does the MV have standard brembo levers? If so you can get em from any ducati dealer.
Chris

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses. The lever will still work without the tip, but I thought it would be a temporary fix. It's really just the little ball at the end and about 1/8 of an inch of the lever.

Chris, the MV is using Nissin. There's a Brembo master cylinder kit, but I think it would require me to change the reservoir as well. Oh, MV doesn't just sell the brake lever. They sell the entire master cylinder piece (about $225) but it's on back order. Some MV owners have recommended someone in Canada who machines an aftermarket replica for about $100. I've sent him an e-mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts