The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was laying under the car Saturday, installing my 1/2 carbon splitter when I noticed this sticking out just behind the front passenger side grill-

lotus 003.jpg

It is a large rubber o-ring- It's relatively clean, so I think it's been in the car since assembly- It doesn't look like something that was ever on the road-

If it is part of the car, it may have sealed a connection (the traditional use of an o-ring), or it may be a small light-duty belt- Any ideas?

Thanks!

Oh, by the way, the FF 1/2 carbon spolier really finishes out the front tastefully IMO-

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and another mystery is solved!

I've never heard of any1's turn signal popping out :crazyeyes

I'll probably roll the dice on this one-

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's happened to a number of people. Larry and ZTEC come to mind right off the top of my head.
Hmmmm- Didn't know- :shrug:

As the o-ring doesn't seem all that reliable :tadts:, I may look at replacing it with an all-weather zip tie of similar width-

Thanks for the feedback-

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
It's just keeping in the tradition of British cars. It just wouldn't be the same if a random part didn't fall off every once in a while.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Turn signal pop out, WHAAA!
It was so frikking retarted when it happened to me, I was like "LOOK A DEAD PIGEON", then my excitement subsided when I realized it was my turn signal.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
pic of spoiler installed?

·
Registered
804 Posts
...and another mystery is solved!

I've never heard of any1's turn signal popping out :crazyeyes

I'll probably roll the dice on this one-

Thanks for the help!
It's not uncommon among auto-crossers. Many tape their turn signals because cone contact caused them to pop out. [EDIT: just saw ZTEC's picture above.]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts