The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaving from class today and I got to my car, and the doors would not unlock. When I press down the button on my fob, the LED in the fob lights up as it should, and the car's turn signals (front and back) flash as they should, but the car won't unlock. I tried turning the key to both positions (Horizontal and vertical) but nothing worked. Any recommendations will help a lot! Luckily my friend was there to drive me home, but my car is sitting all alone in the parking lot!

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 Elise will not unlock the doors. This is what happened to me.
Fob would not ulock the doors. Lights were flushing. I figured my car battery went dead so we charged it up. We also checked the fuses. My car alarm fuse kept blowing up. Today we were going to put the car into storage but we gave up and left the trickle charger on to charge the battery. At night I read the manual alarm section. What we did not try was holding both buttons on the fob. The next morning my battery had 13 volts. We changed the fuse and went to give it anothe try. I kept repeating to hold both buttons while the alarm kept going off I must have done it 8 - 10 times finally the door unlocked. The manual said that once the battery goes dead the alarm system / key fob needs to reprogram itself - by holding both buttons together.
Hope this works for you too! Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts