The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first Elise not too long ago and I'm fairly confident that it currently has a stage II exhaust because all of the sound clips that I have heard of stock exhaust sound are too quiet. Love the sound of current exhaust but its ugly. I saw a Larini 8in at a track event earlier this week and loved the look but I've heard good things about VF too. I have it narrowed down to these two exhaust. Key features I'm looking for...

MUSTmaintain the exhaust pops/burps
Little/NO drone
Quiet cold starts
Not loud, deep tone

What should I do.....:UK:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I love my Larini 8", I think its the best Elise/exige exhaust out there.but there is very little pops and burps during normal driving

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
It's ugly? The Stage II looks exactly like stock (2 tips / diffuser exit).

·
Registered
693 Posts
Larini 6"... LOTS of gurggles and POPS!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's ugly? The Stage II looks exactly like stock (2 tips / diffuser exit).
Maybe its just me. I have the Reverie CF diffuser also so maybe thats throwing off the look of the exhaust. I hate to say it because I feel like a ricer but I don't know if I am willing to give up the burps/pops, just sounds amazing. Any VF users have any input??

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
VF is not diffuser exit right?

I have the larini 8" on my exige and had a s2 on my elise. The larini is noticably quiter and about perfect loundness level for me. It is loud enough so you know its there but quite enough your ears arnt ringing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW! Did an oil change yesterday and come to find out I have in fact have a Larini SE Exhaust with slash tips and the matching sport cat. The owner sold to me as "stock" and FLOW Lotus SC said it was stock expect for a aftermarket filter(bought sight unseen). I've never heard a stock Elise before so didn't know any better but figured it could be that loud stock. Great exhaust though...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
so - you saved money! you already have what you were going to buy! That's a smart shopper!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts