The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing both O2 sensors on my 2006 Elise.

Can anyone tell me where the O2 sensor (post-cat) electric wire goes? I'm looking for the clip and my arm will only reach so far :-/

For others reference the pre-cat one is just below the windshield washer fluid reservoir below the heat shielding.

I'm looking for where this clip connects for the post-cat O2 sensor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You gotta take off the drivers side rear tire and the splash shield in there, it is behind there
Thanks! Now if only one of the bolts holding on my diffuser wasn't stripped this would be a lot easier :-/

It's one of the two big one's 13mm on the driver's side

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Thanks! Now if only one of the bolts holding on my diffuser wasn't stripped this would be a lot easier :-/

It's one of the two big one's 13mm on the driver's side
I had my diffuser off a few days ago. The two 13 mm bolts on my car were easy to remove.

It is a shame that yours is stuck. I hate when that happens.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,959 Posts
I did mine without removing the wheel or the liner. Just reached my hand way up there and followed where I unplugged it from. I do have small hands though. It was kind of a pain to get to even with small hands.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Need to replace Post-cat O2 sensor - need help

Hi guys,

I also need to replace the Post-cat O2 sensor on my 2006 Elise.

I'm debating between doing it myself vs letting the dealer do it.

1. Which exact part would I need? I got stuck because I didn't know which type of fitting to choose.
Amazon lists two: 2006 Lotus Elise: Oxygen: Part Finder: Automotive: Amazon.com
- Evan-Fischer EVA14672052432 O2 Oxygen Sensor 3-wire Driver Side LH Designed to fit screw-in type bungs
- ACDelco 213-2894 Professional Heated Oxygen Sensor, Position 1

2. How hard is the replacement? I've taken off the skid plate for oil changes, but have never removed the rear diffuser.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Replacement is easy. Just watch what you buy. Some you have to splice into the old connector. Others come as one assembly. I would stay away from bargain places and buy the part from a company that sells lotus parts.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Replacement is easy. Just watch what you buy. Some you have to splice into the old connector. Others come as one assembly. I would stay away from bargain places and buy the part from a company that sells lotus parts.
Agreed. Speaking from experience, this is one of those parts you want to buy from the dealer (lotusgarage).

As for the reach...I remember it being very tight without taking the wheel off...I'm sure it's possible, but I wasn't about to try it...good luck!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Absolutely get the proper part. I got budget ones planning to splice, bad idea. Different number of wires :/
Yes the post cat sensor can be awful to reach, especially to disconnect sight unseen.

That diffuser bolt has to be fixed. Probably the retainer or whatever it's called is broken loose from the diffuser? Or is the hex in the screw stripped?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Hi guys,

I also need to replace the Post-cat O2 sensor on my 2006 Elise.

I'm debating between doing it myself vs letting the dealer do it.

2. How hard is the replacement? I've taken off the skid plate for oil changes, but have never removed the rear diffuser.
The diffuser is very easy to remove. It is like the undertray for oil changes except that there are more bolts to remove, about 20 I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
The hardest part for me was the zip ties holding the actual clip. Removal was ok but reinstall was a tight fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts