The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bloody key fob won't open the car! And for some reason, the keys don't open the locks-any ideas? I just changed the batteries on the fob, but no joy...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Try this while standing very close to the car:
1. Press both buttons at the same time until the LED goes out.
2. Release the buttons
3. Press the big button. The LED should flash.
4. Press it again to verify that your system is sync'd.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Look up in search…
Hit “advanced search”
In key words
how to program a key fob

search titles only

you have it.

kevin

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Sorry some one beat me to it
1, I type slow
2, needed to do a few quick things around the house.
3, needed to check the search first to see where it was.

I hope your in by now

Kevin

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
The bloody key fob won't open the car! And for some reason, the keys don't open the locks-any ideas? I just changed the batteries on the fob, but no joy...
Just for future reference, the keys can't open the doors if you've locked the car with the fob. And the fob can't unlock the doors if you've used the keys.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Just for future reference, the keys can't open the doors if you've locked the car with the fob. And the fob can't unlock the doors if you've used the keys.
That gets my vote as obscure (yet important) Lotus factoid of the day.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
True. They are independent systems as far as I can tell. Not sure if they run seperate linkage or seperate locking systems?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look up in search…
Hit “advanced search”
In key words
how to program a key fob

search titles only

you have it.

kevin
I would have used the search, but I was using my iPhone standing in front of my car using my frozen nubs to type....

Thanks for the help all....out of interest, any idea why that happened?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
True. They are independent systems as far as I can tell. Not sure if they run seperate linkage or seperate locking systems?
The FOB, and of course the lock button on the center console, physically lock the car as you would expect any other car to lock. The key merely disengages the exteror latch button from the system mechanically.

So if you lock the doors electronically, they are locked and the exterior button doesn't work. If you lock with the key the button doesn't work, and even if you reingage it with the key, that exterior button still won't open a door locked electronically.

It's all in the owner's manual.

xtn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts