The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
for some reason after I set the alarm I get a long beep which lasts for about 10-15 seconds. Does anybody know what this signifies?

·
Registered
820 Posts
open door, open trunk, 1 or more open access panels on the front "hood"
usually nothing else.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Your trunk is probably cracked open, mine did that at the mall and I couldn't figure out what it was.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If that doesn't work, try flipping the light in between the seats to the off position...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
If all else fails............read the alarm manual

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
is that anything like RTFM?..rotfl
there are really so many details to the overall management/use of these cars that it's not easy to follow.
maybe a 6 month course would help me....can i blame it on old age?:drool:
sam

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Along with the beep, the light on the dash blinks out a code. The number of flashes indicate what the problem is (at least somewhat). The codes are listed in the alarm manual, and I think in the owner's manual. They are also posted in a couple of threads on the forum.

Typically, you will get one of two codes. One indicates that something isn't closed - the doors, the engine cover, or the access panels on the front (it's often this one if the covers aren't on just right). The other common code is usually about the motion sensor - the interior light has to be positioned in the down position and sometimes it gets "bumped" up (yes, the light circuit is tied into the motion sensor power).

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
haha - I had a couple issues with that stupid alarm so I stopped using it. Just use the good old fashion keys to lock/unlock the doors now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts