The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the 2010 and 2011? I cant afford a new 2012 but I have found some really low mileage 10's and 11's. If there is no real difference then i will just opt for the cheapest one with the lowest mileage.

Also the closest dealer to my house is about 3 hours away so how often do you guys have to go get warranty work done? This will not be my daily driver but I plan on driving it at least 2-3 times a week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, what build date does the 2011 separate from the 2010, i am test driving a 2011 tomorrow and i want to know if it has the new clutch design.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Get the newest car you can afford. The newer the car the more time you have left on the factory warrentee. I feel a must on this car. + 2011 is better than a 2010 and 2012 are better than 2011

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Also, what build date does the 2011 separate from the 2010, i am test driving a 2011 tomorrow and i want to know if it has the new clutch design.
My 2+0 has a build date of late June 2010 as a 2011. So it looks like late June 2010 is when the cars changed to 2011 model year.
As for the changes, The shift linkage was changed (first in a long line of updates), along with door and trunk seals. I think they may have changed the dash top as well (leather shrinkage). Later 2011's after my car also had drain holes in the rear hatch, from the factory. I had my dealer do this update to my car. The interior fit and finish does look a little better in the 2011 compared with the early 2010"s. I think that is it for my car. Lotus did make a lot of running changes from car to car through a model year.
I have had very few problems with my car to date, I have around 4500 miles on the car now. I did have the driver side interior door handle break. And my nav unit has been replace twice. I also had the instrument cluster replaced (bad clock).But that is about it so far.
The Evora is a great car, If the one you are looking at, is a color combo you like, and has the options as well. GO FOR IT!

Ron:shift:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I guess the bottom line for OP is how he intends to use his car.

Ron, like you (and most owners) I had zero problems with by 2010 at 5,000. But I blew through those miles in the first 5 months. It wasn't until 7000 miles when I experienced my first problem (cracked A-Pillars, which many following owners have experienced). By Christmas my clutch was replaced @ 9500 miles.

Anyway, my advice is if the Evora is a must have car, go for the latest model that can be afforded, as there have been many in-line corrections made to production since the 2010s. But if you just want an Evora to appreciate as a collector and only drive it every once every few weeks, a low-mile 2010 may save lots of money (if you can find one in the 40's or low 50's).

Good luck, OP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man, it's starting to sound like this car can't be driven often. I am not looking to drive this only once every few weeks, I plan on driving it a few days a week.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I drive mine 15 miles to work every day and pick up my two kids from school. On weekends, I even take the car to Costco. Once I bought $200 worth of groceries for a party and had enough room for a kid in the back seat along with a Costco sized towel paper pack.

It is a fine daily driver. I get to work with a smile on my face and I get home with a smile.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
good gouge here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/roadtrip-picking-up-my-2012-evora-s-weekend-120114/

Get as new as you can afford, quality seems to go up as you go later, and some nicer features are added. I have a late build 10 with almost 7k miles on it. Recent brake rotor issue (premature warping without any track days or panic stops) but otherwise relatively trouble free outside of the typical Evora issues you can find all over the forum.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What a great color! What is the build date? It looks great, if it is what you like go for it. You can call a Lotus dealer, and tell them that you are looking at the car to buy. Give them the ID # and ask them if they can tell you over the phone, what the service history is.
Ron:clap:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I dont understand why they say MSRP $73,145 TADTS This is a two owner car? first 5 months 2nd 9 months & the shipping date of 8/10/10
I paid very close to this number for a brand new 2011 with 48 miles on the OD with an MSRP 78K+ back in 2/25/12. So its an okay price IMO a Great price would be closer to $55,000 for a two owner car. Remember 2013 is 3 months away and you will be the 3rd owner so I would offer way less than the asking price and see what happens. ;) Evora's are not flying off the dealer lots.

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
man, it's starting to sound like this car can't be driven often. I am not looking to drive this only once every few weeks, I plan on driving it a few days a week.
Incorrect my friend. DD here with 6000 miles and no mechanical issues just a few niggles and its a Feb 2010 build! Also has seen track time and ,yes, it is incredible!

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a Europa S ( I know these were / are not available in the US) 45,000+ miles no issues. I now have and Evora. The Evora had a couple of water leaks which have been fixed, nothing major other than standard servicing in fact the two Lotus's have been more reliable than my past three BMW's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OMFG! So i drive 3 hours just to get to the dealer and he tells me it sold last night! I even talked to him before i left my house, he also had the 3 hours it took for me to get down there to call me and tell me it was sold. *******s, it is the last day of the month so they want the end of the month close out sales, he was knocking off 5k on any vehicle i test drove.

Needless to say, i didn't buy from him, but i did abuse an M3, RS4, and a C63 black series. The black series was badass! But it wasnt what i went there for....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts