The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at my rear fuse block and when I opened the panel, I found a loose ground wire just chilling there. I grabbed my multimeter and found it had no power or continuity to ground. So I grabbed the tag typed it into the Lotus parts website, and low and behold it's the engine harness! There are witness marks on the eyelet that leads me to believe that it was connected at some time. Then I looked up the wiring diagram and the only thing I could come up with is the "screen" wiring. So I peeled off the electrical tape and wire trainer off of the throttle body, and sure enough it is the shield (screen) wire. I've been searching for a good picture of where this wire needs to live, but I'm coming up empty handed.

So long story short, can someone take a picture of their rear compartment so I know where to reconnect this wire?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Wow. It boggles the mind how a car can pass any sort of QC checks and have stuff like that.

Based on the wiring diagram, I would think it mounts to one of the bolts holding the ECU plate in place. I'm guessing if you didn't get continuity to ground, then it's possible the other ground connection from the ECU plate to the main ground braid isn't connected either, but I can't imagine any of those sensors working then?

I couldn't find anything similar on the S1 wiring diagram, so it seems new for the S2s.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. It boggles the mind how a car can pass any sort of QC checks and have stuff like that.
Thanks! I did have the dealer work in this area when I first got the car, so I'm assuming they are the ones that disconnected it. Also, they all have their own grounds, this is just the shielding wire to make sure nothing interferes with the signals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts