The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took an 800 mile weekend drive in the Lotus, and 65.4 (*I'll tell you how I know in a minute) miles from home while negotiating an onramp and joining traffic I hit the rev limiter in 2nd, shifted immediately and joined traffic.
From that point it was fairly heavy traffic, but moving about 80 mph. Anyway, I noticed the shift light was now telling me to shift at about 5800 or 6000 rpm. I glanced at the engine temp; 180. Also, *the trip odometer had reset itself and the clock had changed from about 10 AM to 9 PM. :shrug:

I'm hoping it's the ECU and it will reset itself after 5-10 starts. Anyone else have this happen to them? I've got a track day at Laguna Seca next Monday and I'd hate to track the car like this...:sad:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
check the fuses. Sorry, but I forgot which one, but when it blows, it cuts out the 2nd cam and the shift light defaults to 5800 rpm. Happen to me when I brought it home from the dealer. changed the fuse and has never been a problem since.

·
Registered
295 Posts
have you tried it ever since? maybe the ecu didn't let you go beyond 6000 becausthe oil was too hot . has happened to me before. let the car off and turn it back on after a while and everyting turned out ok. when i went to the workhouse they plugged in the car and found no error codes.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Simply pull over, turn car off, turn car back on, and go

I've had my ECU go funky a few times too, you just need to restart everything and it should work just fine - otherwise, something is up

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. No CEL, so I'm hoping it'll have reset itself; if not I'll check the fuses. :bow:

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. :wave:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Simply pull over, turn car off, turn car back on, and go

I've had my ECU go funky a few times too, you just need to restart everything and it should work just fine - otherwise, something is up
+1

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me at the track. It turned out to be a blown fuse. R4 if I remember correctly.

- Reg

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I was thinking it's R6, but I don't KNOW that for sure.

xtn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts