The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just my thoughts but unless you are in a major metropolitan area which is also a hotbed for Lotus fanciers, you will have far too many classes and trophies. The British Auto Festival in Chicago, shich usually has 600-800 total entries, has TWO classes for Lotus, late model and vintage. The British Auto Festival in Sussex Wisconsin which has 400 to 500 entries has ONE class. The Wings and Wheels show with about 600 cars has one class. You may want more classes than that but it is very unlikely that you will have entrants in even half of your proposed list unless the show is massive. You have two classes proposed for the late Elite/Eclat variants. I have attended LOGs where there were no entrants from that family of vehicles. My recommendation would be dividing the classes by year of production and having two or at the most, three classes. I may not be a purist but I would lump in the Caterhams, Birkins, Westfields, etc., by their build year (not the year they were intended to represent.)...Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts