The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can find a replacement master cylinder cap for the Elise. I'm trying to make a pressure bleeder and can't seem to find it in any auto parts stores locally. Trying to find one online but not sure which size would fit. Thanks in advance for any replies:bow:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
^ Bad information. The brake reservoir can hold pressure. In fact, all pressure bleeders work by connecting directly to tank and pressurizing. Check out the V2bleeder from Sector111.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I did this stuff for a living for several years, but what do I know? :shrug:

"any" should be "much" though.

Have you ever had the tank blow off a master cylinder and screw up a paint job? Happened twice at the shop I worked at. The pressure bleeder went in the dumpster. Unless your doing 20 brake jobs a day, it's better to use a MityVac and pull vacuum. Plus you don't need 75 different adapters.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Can't tell you where to buy a cap, but the Eezibleed is a useful pressure bleeder and comes with a cap that fits the MC.

I never had an issue w/leaking on the Elise in 2 years and 8-10 flushes. I did have an issue on my DD when I tried to use the Universal Cap, which is basically a flat lid that clamps down using straps that go around the MC; I didn't tighten the straps enough - oops. I also didn't notice it for a couple hours, but luckily it only ate the paint off the MC and nothing else.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the info but I think I'm gonna go with Nate's method and just do a vacuum bleed and not mess with the cap. Thanks again!:clap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts