The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! For starters I suck at finding correct info on this thing
called internet ??

I’m about to race with my Exige s2 here in Sweden, but I do need some help.

I can’t seem to find a guide, with wiring diagram or pics on how to install a FIA master kill switch right. Does anyone have some pics, or a step by step guide I could follow? Like a ”for dummies” kind of guide.

thanks,
Olof
Sweden (sorry for my poor spelling)

·
Premium Member
11,872 Posts
Instructions are easily found on Google. Many, many.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you mind helping me with some links to the ones that are good and easy to follow, cause I can’t seem to find any thats right for the Toyota engine on the s2. Only found some older elise ones. :(

·
Premium Member
11,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I assume you want an FIA cutoff switch in the cockpit with a pull-cable routed to the exterior.

I can't seem to find a particularly good thread on this for the S2 but this thread, post #8, is worth reading: Battery cut off switch | Lotus Seven Club
It does not help with locations but helps with visualizing what you are up against.

You have to interrupt one of the main battery feeds and the ignition. This means getting under the dash to cut the ignition wire, and also routing a battery feed to the switch and back (i.e. far).

My kill switch is routed like the diagram in post #8 in that lotus 7 club thread.

I eliminated all my radio, a/c, heater and blower, so I just moved the battery to the that then-empty compartment in front (under the clam). I routed a battery feed through the sill back to the rear and forward pickups (I did not want to extend the existing cables to minimize losses - that is a long way from the battery to the starter). I can't quite recall how I split the main feed to serve front and rear. I think I layered two cable terminals onto the output side of the switch.

In short, this is harder than it at first seems. :)

·
Premium Member
11,872 Posts
;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like this one?

I didn’t quite got it, if the best is to cut the fuelpump or the ignition from the imobilizer? I need the engine to stop running the same time I turn the kill switch, not 30 sec later when the fuel is gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts