The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a 2008 Elise (non-supercharged). Less than 2500 miles, one owner (user), untracked and pristine condition.

Color preference;
1. Solar Yellow (hardtop not needed)
2. Candy Red (hardtop needed)
3. Chrome Orange (hardtop not needed)

Needed options;
Touring Pack, Sport Pack, StarShield (preferably extended).

Preferable options;
Blackout (black wheels)

If you have all the above options, including Solar Yellow or Candy Red, SC'ed vehicle might be interesting also. 60th Edition SC'ed (Black on Saffron Yellow) is also interesting.

Got something to sell? Know of someone? All pointers are highly appreciated!

:panic:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you definitely looking for pre-owned or would you consider new?
Not exclusively no, but preferably used. All pointers appreciated tho. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gr8, much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I believe that the only non-supercharged 2008 Elises in the U.S.A are the California Editions, which only come in Yellow and Ardent Red. The Californias don't come with black wheels.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe that the only non-supercharged 2008 Elises in the U.S.A are the California Editions, which only come in Yellow and Ardent Red. The Californias don't come with black wheels.
There are plenty of non SC'ed 2008's - not only Californias ;)

·
Registered
5,409 Posts

Now I'm curious. My understanding was that the U.S. dealers ordered all supercharged versions of the 2008 Elises with the exception of the Californias. I can no longer confirm from the Lotus website, because they have moved on to the 2009 models, but the non-supercharged 2008 Elises did not come with the added rear spoiler and the supercharged 2008 Elises do come with the rear spoiler.

Although there are many used 2008 car listed on cars.com, autotrader.com, etc. that don't mention being supercharged, it is probably because these used car dealers don't know the Lotus models well enough to mention it. Because I have not seen a 2008 listed that didn't have the additional rear spoiler, this should mean they are supercharged.

Can anybody confirm if there are non-supercharged 2008 Elises in the U.S. besides the Californias?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Although there are many used 2008 car listed on cars.com, autotrader.com, etc. that don't mention being supercharged, it is probably because these used car dealers don't know the Lotus models well enough to mention it. Because I have not seen a 2008 listed that didn't have the additional rear spoiler, this should mean they are supercharged.

Can anybody confirm if there are non-supercharged 2008 Elises in the U.S. besides the Californias?

I don't think that's true. ANYBODY selling the cars whether as a buyer or wholesaler is going to emphasize that it is the factory SC version. If you were trading your Elise SC in, would you forget to mention it was the SC? You'd lose a lot more money. So there's no way these dealers wouldn't know what they have.

There are non-SC 2008s in the U.S. There's a woman in NJ on the forum who has one. Forgot her username...

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I stand corrected. I'm happy to have learned this seeing as I may be selling my 2008 one day. Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Quoting 2-3 N/A '08 Elise hardly qualifies for plenty, that is unless you're including the Calfornia editions. Taking the California's out of the equation, Lotus brought in a total of 10.....maybe 20 max. N/A '08 Elise to North America however I believe that number is closer to 10. I know a dealer with a yellow 60th Anniversary in stock if you're interested, just pm me and I'll give you the details....they owe me a favor ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quoting 2-3 N/A '08 Elise hardly qualifies for plenty, that is unless you're including the Calfornia editions. Taking the California's out of the equation, Lotus brought in a total of 10.....maybe 20 max. N/A '08 Elise to North America however I believe that number is closer to 10. I know a dealer with a yellow 60th Anniversary in stock if you're interested, just pm me and I'll give you the details....they owe me a favor ;)
Hehe - true true.. However, if they were all in my garage, it would be plenty!

The 60th, you hinting to the one up in Georgia?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hehe - true true.. However, if they were all in my garage, it would be plenty!

The 60th, you hinting to the one up in Georgia?
Actually, Silver Star in Thousand Oaks, CA

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any idea what they'd let it go for?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts