The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Oil stain rapid delivery system
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm searching for a somewhat unique part. At some point someone posted a drop in fuel pressure regulator for the returnless system. This regulator unlike being open to atmosphere had a port that allowed for 1:1 MAP referenced pressure control. Pop it in, hook up the reference line and bam boost compensated fuel pressure.

Any idea where I can find this part?

It looks similar to this but instead of the housing being open to atmosphere there is a nipple so the in tank fuel pressure can be varied.

Kinda looks like this without the side outlet.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,007 Posts
And how do you expect to get that to work inside your fuel pump housing if you find what you’re looking for?

·
Registered
Oil stain rapid delivery system
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And how do you expect to get that to work inside your fuel pump housing if you find what you’re looking for?
Someone was producing a "kit" a few years ago that allowed the MAP hose fitting to pass through the fuel pump assembly so fuel pressure could compensate for manifold pressure/vacuum. This was to avoid the return style fuel systems that many Elige folks go with. At the time my 05 Elise was NA so I didn't purchase it but now I would like to be able to reduce the fuel pressure at idle and compensate for boost to give my injectors more range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks dead-on like a factory Subaru WRX/STI Fuel Pressure Regulator. 43.5PSI at atmosphere and increases 1:1 with MAP pressure upwards from there. Looks like Cobb sells an aftermarket replacement or you can find them pretty commonly on the nasioc forums marketplace. GL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts