The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my own exhaust and doing some other stuff and need to get the rear panel off. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the top three bolts.

I've seen references to the fact that the three bolt heads are in the trunk, but I don't seem to have them. I have three little stickers in places I expect the bolts to be, but nothing obvious underneath them.

Has anyone taken off the rear panel on an '07? It is one of the cars with the bumperettes.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The 07's do not use the same 3 bolts. When you remove the carpet and padding you will see a metal strip with, if i remember correctly 5 bolts. Remove the 5 bolts and the metal strip which is held on with an adhesive.

Then on the underside remove the heat sheild and you should be able to pull the rear panel down.

Take your time with this I used alot of curse words and it really tested my patience.

Good luck

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response! I was wondering about that strip of metal in the trunk.

I'll start using the thesaurus to look up extra curse words so I have them ready ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts