What is your favorite?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be picking up my CO elise tomorrow! :nanner:

I am going to order a custom plate when I register it, and have a few different plates I need to decide from. Oklahoma doesn't let you check to see if they are available. On the application you have 6 options to write tags and if the first one isn't available, they give you the 2nd option you wrote down, and so on. So I have to write 6 options that I would want. Which one do you think is best? (I only get 7 letters or 6 with a dash or space)

1. APEX
2. GOTAPEX
3. OTHNDLU (out handle you)
4. PWR2W8
5. PULL GS
6. LAPPED
7. LIGHTW8
8. GOCART

Or maybe something to do with orange...like some people did on here... PEELIN

My very first choice was "OTHNDLU" because I saw a similiar one on an m3 a while back on a bmw forum and I liked it

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Personally I don't like any of them - save for maybe OTHNDLU (what does that mean anyway?) For me personalized plates should be - well - personalized. Since I know little about you it's hard to answer. Are you getting the car for the street or track? If mostly for the street I'd rule out APEX, GOTAPEX, PULL GS and LAPPED. If it is a track car any of those would work well - but you better be quick and be able to back them up ;-)

I got approved for BTMBL for mine as when it was all black/murdered out I'd get Batman comments all the time. Now with my JPS livery I have LOTUSF1 on the way...

-Ross

·
Registered
693 Posts
Not a fan of personalized plates. The car says enough about your personality on it's own.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yeah kind of over the personal plates, too. I have one on my car now, but have been thinking of removing it (at least putting it on hold) for a standard plate. In fact the random one I received when I bought the car was pretty cool. Should have kept that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hate to sound pretentious or like a jerk but 99% of vanity plates either scream "douche-bag" or "new-money." I mean, do as you like, but I have a feeling you'll regret it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nothing wrong with a personalized plate, just make sure people can understand it. I have VRY KWIK people seem to get a chuckle when they read it.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I think the RIGHT personalized plates are fun, if they are fun. For example, my cars are:

Elise - LOWTUS
'69 Mini Moke - GOOGL IT (because no one knows what it is)
'12 Jeep Wrangler - DRUMMR (I've had that plate for almost 20 years)

There are some funny ones too. There's a guy in a Gallardo that has:

LAMBONER

That's funny.

Or a lifted mud Jeep that had 'GTS DRTY'

I hate the ones that imply 'performance' like:

CU LATR or I WIN or U LOSE

and they are on '02 Mustangs. The Hemi and Vette guys seem to have lots of lame plates.

I agree that if the car isn't a track car, the whole 'track stuff' plates are lame. Same as those ricer kids with all the track mods and decals for hard parkers.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not a fan of personalized plates. The car says enough about your personality on it's own.
sorry but I agree to let the car do the talking. I do have a custom tag on my generic white E350 van, but decided to stay 100% generic on my '83 Esprit & didn't even go for the antique tag.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Get some combination of X's and 0's. Plays tricks with the eyes and makes it hard for somebody to actually read the plate accurately.

Or a combinations of '1's' (the number) and 'l' (the letter). Same effect.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
The only personalized plate I've seen that i liked was LOLTUS

Everything else sounds douchey

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Once in awhile they're clever.

I know a guy who is a pilot, and years ago he owned an MGB with a V8 conversion.

His tag was 'AV8'

Given his profession and the engine in his car, I thought it clever.

Only slightly related...the summer I graduated from college I spent the requisite lost summer working and living in Ocean City, MD. There was a very attractive young woman, the daughter of a wealthy local successful restaurant owner, who was a regular sight driving around Ocean City in her Vette convertible. Usually wearing only her bikini.

She had a bumper sticker on her Vette that read....

"If you can beat me, you can eat me."

At the time all I had was a Ford Pinto.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts