The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 8 fantastic years of owning an Elise, I'm going to be selling mine and moving to a different sports car. I have it narrowed to 2 cars but that is a different conversation.

I've looked over the ads and the book values, but I have a Sector 111 Katana supercharger and I don't know how to factor that into the asking price.

It's a 2005 Storm Titanium with 34K miles. Touring package, garaged, excellent condition throughout, I'm the original owner, all regular service except oil changes have been done at Lotus dealers. All recalls done. No accidents, no damage, everything works. Soft top only. Nearly new Yoko tires.

I had the supercharger installed at a Lotus dealer who was also an authorized Sector 111 installer. It has operated perfectly since it was installed. Other than the supercharger and driving lights, the car is 100% stock.

So what do you think I should ask for this car? Can I ask anything higher than normal for the $7K plus I put into the supercharger?

One other thing, I think it's ready for a clutch. Am I better off putting one in before selling and up charging a little, or selling as is?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I'm truly going to be sad seeing her leave, I've never had a car I enjoyed more.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Sounds like a great car. A lot buyers don't want many aftermarket mods, especially engine stuff... and aftermarket stuff hardly increases the value.

A 20k mileage elise, bone stock is fetching $28-$31k without a hardtop if sold by the owner (not a dealership). Asking prices are all over the mid to high 30s.

You do have more mileage which probably puts it at $28k, but you are the only owner, no accidents and you have some nice upgrades that some people may want. I'd ask $35k and expect to get $32-$34k.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a great car. A lot buyers don't want many aftermarket mods, especially engine stuff... and aftermarket stuff hardly increases the value.

A 20k mileage elise, bone stock is fetching $28-$31k without a hardtop if sold by the owner (not a dealership). Asking prices are all over the mid to high 30s.

You do have more mileage which probably puts it at $28k, but you are the only owner, no accidents and you have some nice upgrades that some people may want. I'd ask $35k and expect to get $32-$34k.
Thanks very much, that's kind of the range I was thinking as well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely need pics. How is paint? Do you have starshield? Definetely do the clutch. How is the interior? Any other mods?
No recent pics but the paint is perfect and it does have factory starshield. The interior is also virtually perfect except for some carpet wear. The only defect is there is a dime size brown stain on the front bumper starshield that was caused by some petroleum product landing there and it staying on for a week. The paint below is fine.

As mentioned above, the SC and driving lights are the only mods, and I have the parts that were removed when the SC was installed if some insane person wanted to set it back to stock. :)

·
Wow Such Admin
6,983 Posts

Exactly what I would say!

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Don't have any input on price but:
One other thing, I think it's ready for a clutch. Am I better off putting one in before selling and up charging a little, or selling as is?
A clutch is a consumable item... you really can't charge any more for a car with a new clutch than an old one (but you can make it a selling point).

That said you can't sell it with a clutch you know is about to fail either...

·
Registered
6 Posts
As someone who is currently shopping for an Elise, I'd go and do a bunch of reading about the sector 111 supercharger & stock clutch before calling you. At only 34K I'd be worried that the 'charger is too much for the stock clutch.

I'd say do the clutch, why sell an otherwise perfect car with one blemish? You'll cut out a lot of potential buyers if you say it needs a new clutch.

The fact that you had it installed by a dealer and authorized installer is a big plus in my book. In your ad, don't forget to say how long the supercharger has been in place. I'm a LOT more comfortable buying a modded car if the mods have been in place for many miles & years, it indicates that the mods are done well, work well and the owner was happy with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts