The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy guys.

I'm in North CA and I have a 2006 Elise.
Storm Titanium/Black. Hard & Soft Top, Touring Package Wheels.

I bought it six years ago when it was newer. I love the "wow" effect in driving my car, and the "wow" effect in the attention and admiration it gets.

However, it's the end of 2012 and I want to Sportify my car by spending a couple of thousand dollars on it and get a rejuvinated look. (Something car makers do in cases like the Marcielago which was in production for 10 years but looked sharper with time.)

Here is the plan:

I will not change the color of the car itself, but I will add a second tone to my car's peripherals (Neon Yellow) or (Krypton Green).

Add a non-functional, but sporty-looking Scoop to my hard top (NEON).
Add a wide-winged Racing Spoiler (Arms black, Wing NEON)
Add a front lip (protects the car and looks a bit lowered) Black.
Add the Rear Tow Hitch (I think it was a sector 111 product) (NEON)
Clean and Powder-coat the Rims (NEON)
Two-tone my seats with new upholstry (BLACK/NEON)
Larger, colored front tow ring (NEON)
Paint Center Console, Climate Box, and the two window-button rounds NEON
Use HID headlights
Add a cup holder
Hand brake leather boot (Black & Neon)
I will also add a decal sticker on my windshild with my fav anime DBZ

I've got money, a mechanic, a painter, and I've got a plan

SO HELP ME :)

- What is the most suitable looking SCOOP, please provide a link
- What is the most suitable spoiler (Connects to the engine lid, not the trunk).
- What is the best plastic front Lip (Not Carbon Fiber)
- Where can i get both tow hitches
- Where can I get the hand brake boot

Anything else will be appreciated, let me know what you've got in advice etc.

am33r

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
You're F&%$#ing kidding right???

Neon?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

but if you are... please sell your Elise to someone who wont ruin it by putting a cartoon sticker on the windshield

·
Registered
240 Posts
just leave it the way it is. if you want to spend money make it faster or buy a nice set of rims.

·
Registered
409 Posts
you mean ricify your car right?

Spend your 2k in a better exhaust, an ECU tune and maybe a couple of stripes.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
:eek: :crazyeyes. :shrug: :no:

:mad:

:panic:

:popcorn:

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Assuming your not coked out of your mind, the cupholders is easy:

$440 shipped

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You're not serious about putting a roof scoop on an Elise?

What's it supposed to be doing?

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Ok folks so neon is not quite what most of us want, but

A) it's his car
B) He's entitled to his opinion

lets not be too mean here... How about suggestions to HELP him? Maybe try telling him what you think might look good. If you're a purest and think any modification is bad well you're entitled to your opinion too, but not much point in posting on this thread.

For my part I'm not a good person to ask. The APR splitter I added may have improved things a bit, (or maybe not), but the HUGE home made wing I built for Autox is undeniably fugly. (it does however seem to work). The stickers from the national tour... well probably not very pretty to anyone who doesn't race (and not pretty to half of those too I think).

But It's my car and it's primary job is racing. Street driving and looks are secondary. I long ago gave up the notion that it would ever go anywhere near a concourse ;)

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Guys I think we're all freaking out here a bit for nothing - I don't think he means Neon as in electrified lights but rather a neon yellow paint color. So Storm with yellow highlights and black. That's how I understand it and in that context I think it *could* be a good idea.

Agree on the roof scoop - unless you change the rear lid/clam that's not gonna work.

My advice - find a local race shop that does vinyl liverys. Show them some designs you like and get a custom stripe job. My car pretty much snaps heads rather than turning them, and while you don't need to go numbers/etc. like I have something more than just straight stripes can really add a lot for a little (this was about $1500 all in)

Jason and Ross coming in (Small).jpg

Now if you really mean neon dear god no.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Not sure if trolling or serious. If serious, I concur with the above statements.
Do you mean mine? I'm definitely not trolling - I'm completely serious. While neon colors are a bit much I think they can be done well.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Nah Ross, I think he means the OP.

This has the potential to be an epic thread.

The Red Panda totalled the 16 year old with the Elise with the Lambo Doors and TV headrests designed by Arashi!

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
People, I'm sorry but some of you guys are a$$hats ... sheesh ... negative to the core. :crazyeyes

Here are my comments on your plan:

I will not change the color of the car itself, but I will add a second tone to my car's peripherals (Neon Yellow) or (Krypton Green).
> I personally like this and think it could look cool ... I've seen this done well.

Add a non-functional, but sporty-looking Scoop to my hard top (NEON).
> I LOVE the hard top Exige scoop (and thought about this myself) but on the Elise it has nowhere to go so I would have to say I would set this idea aside for now)

Add a wide-winged Racing Spoiler (Arms black, Wing NEON)
> I like this idea.

Add a front lip (protects the car and looks a bit lowered) Black.
> Yep ... functional yet visually nice.

Add the Rear Tow Hitch (I think it was a sector 111 product) (NEON)
> Definitely ... functional and visually nice.

Clean and Powder-coat the Rims (NEON)
> I say go for it ... Ronin has done this numerous times and I've always liked the results.

Two-tone my seats with new upholstry (BLACK/NEON)
> I've wanted to get the Exige style seats in black with Krypton Green double stitching. But touches of two-toning with the right balance would really help tie everything together.

Larger, colored front tow ring (NEON)
> Definitely

Paint Center Console, Climate Box, and the two window-button rounds NEON
> Yep, been done by others and usually looks good.

Use HID headlights
> I've been wanting to do this myself so I'm behind this idea.

Add a cup holder
> Not a big deal for me ... I have the Sector 111 cup holders that go into the side cubbies and they work great when I need them and are hidden when I don't need them.

Hand brake leather boot (Black & Neon)
> If the right balance of Neon & Black is done it could look nice.

> I like the look of cars with decals on them ... but I'm not sure what this is so I'd have to see it on the final car. This is an easy one to decide to do last.

I've got money, a mechanic, a painter, and I've got a plan
> I'm jealous :D

SO HELP ME :)

- What is the most suitable looking SCOOP, please provide a link
> I would consider re-thinking this until you figure out the logistics of the back end of the scoop. A scoop to nowhere might not look so good and seem out of place.

- What is the most suitable spoiler (Connects to the engine lid, not the trunk).
> I frigg'n LOVE the one the wing that Notorious has on his Elise!!!!

- What is the best plastic front Lip (Not Carbon Fiber)
> Don't know.

- Where can i get both tow hitches
> Sector 111

- Where can I get the hand brake boot
> Don't know

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm after the look not the horsepower. The scoop is for looks ONLY. Neon/Krypton Green/Yellow is a color that Elise already comes in (not a light). Simply, six years later I want a new look that is more aggressive (if you can not appreciate that this is a normal thought then do not troll and leave this thread).

Anyway. The seats are two tones on many Elise cars. Front & rear tow rings are common. Colored wheels too (I could just buy a set).

Thank you all for your help

1 - 20 of 101 Posts