www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
( Just an idea........:shrug: )

Attachments

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,030 Posts
Might as well do this:

I wish I had better pictures, but the owner had 5 tv screens (2 in the headrests oddly enough!), about 4 cameras, and a whole bunch of LED's that followed the body lines on his T-rex. If you want to stand out and get attention, this is my recommendation!

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Might as well do this:

I wish I had better pictures, but the owner had 5 tv screens (2 in the headrests oddly enough!), about 4 cameras, and a whole bunch of LED's that followed the body lines on his T-rex. If you want to stand out and get attention, this is my recommendation!
My eyes just burned :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I'm glad we have a few clowns here - we need more around so keep on making jokes based on your own stupidity x_O at any rate.

@ Driftwood, that elise is the same as my car today, yes. I don't know what the second picture is but i know introducing it here as the final outcome says more about you than it does me x_O I can not take your writings at face value, I can not ask you not to act like a clown, feel free to act as you wish

It seems the (HID lights + Front lip + Slide Cup Holder) are improvements all day everyday.

Sector 111 (GTC Wing + 3-Point Rear Tow-ring + Larger Colored Front Tow Ring) are cool touches on the car that aren't really stupid. Many people got those

As for the wheels, This is the color (Not for everyone)

RevsPhoto: Aficionados

Also, the Wing (But not the Arms), the tow rings, the Gas-Cap Lid, and the scoop I am painting that color.

This is not the exact scoop, but there are many like it that I can just add to the hard top!

Paintable JDM Style Air Flow Vent Turbo Hood Scoop 2 | eBay

As for interior. The seat is torn up a bit and I migh as well do it with an accent of the same neon color. If not, then seatbelts with some of the same color would do well too.

The decal I speak of is two little charecters, one on each top corner. One of Vegita, and one of Goku.

Possibly shooting energy bombs at one another as in here

Google Image Result for http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16200000/Artworx88-My-Gohan-drawing-dragon-ball-z-16266153-2501-2520.jpg

or one not shooting such, as in here

Google Image Result for http://www.animecrazy.net/forums/members/u257436/koudai2008-albums-non-original-art-picture122759-another-goku-dragon-ball-z.jpg

Once again - I know some of you here think I should sell my car just because of this idea! To those I'd like to say: I sold my gallardo and bought a lotus, so I guess I could sell it too x_O

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
so deal with the criticism or take the low road like others have & call us names
^^^ i posted this earlier...

@ Driftwood... I can not ask you not to act like a clown
...I'm glad you were paying attention :wallbang:

& for the record, you can do whatever you want with the car. We only post our responses if we as members feel obligated to share a strong enough opinion... Which you have brought out in us by creating a topic of what you want to do with your Elise to begin with.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Great :) you know how to use the quotes. Now quote where I called "YOU" names.

And no, "@ Driftwood... I can not ask you not to act like a clown" is NOT calling you names, if you don't see it correctly, take critical thinking first.

It's a mere expression of me having no power over how you could act... You could act like a monkey if you like or a clown or an idiot... or a Genious lol

Also, no. I do not group all of you together, THIS is directed towards YOU only :)
There is no need to use "us" as I am now schooling YOU only and I'm cool w everyone else.

ENJOY x_O

·
Registered
962 Posts
Kinda skimmed these comments and it doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned that a neon green and STi do not look good together at all. I'm all for two toning your car for livery (GT3RS for example) but pick a better color combo.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
as I am now schooling YOU only and I'm cool w everyone else.
Is that why the majority of people responding in this thread have been critical about your choice to change the way your Elise looks cause you want even more attention than what you already get?

That's what it looks like to me.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'll cut to the chase. Paint aesthetics is a matter of taste, but neon trim bits are actually quite traditional racing livery features on bonafide race cars. Have at it.

A wing on a car that's not engaged in track duty is just a huge drag generator, killing acceleration, top speed and fuel economy in one fell swoop.

Functionless scoops and tow hooks on a non-tracked car just smack of a perfect sh!tstorm of ignorance and vanity mixed with some defective ingrained ghetto culture.

Who are you trying to impress? Can't you see the shame in being a poser?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sector 111 (GTC Wing + 3-Point Rear Tow-ring + Larger Colored Front Tow Ring) are cool touches on the car that aren't really stupid. Many people got those

As for the wheels, This is the color (Not for everyone)

RevsPhoto: Aficionados

Also, the Wing (But not the Arms), the tow rings, the Gas-Cap Lid, and the scoop I am painting that color.

This is not the exact scoop, but there are many like it that I can just add to the hard top!

Paintable JDM Style Air Flow Vent Turbo Hood Scoop 2 | eBay

As for interior. The seat is torn up a bit and I migh as well do it with an accent of the same neon color. If not, then seatbelts with some of the same color would do well too.

The decal I speak of is two little charecters, one on each top corner. One of Vegita, and one of Goku.

Possibly shooting energy bombs at one another as in here

Google Image Result for http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16200000/Artworx88-My-Gohan-drawing-dragon-ball-z-16266153-2501-2520.jpg

or one not shooting such, as in here

Google Image Result for http://www.animecrazy.net/forums/members/u257436/koudai2008-albums-non-original-art-picture122759-another-goku-dragon-ball-z.jpg

Once again - I know some of you here think I should sell my car just because of this idea! To those I'd like to say: I sold my gallardo and bought a lotus, so I guess I could sell it too x_O
While some may not share your vision on your car, I say do with it as you wish.
There is a fine line between asking for opinions on what you want to do and someone giving a response that you don't want to hear. You have to deal with the good and the bad. But then there's some that add extra bashing that's not really needed.
Do what you want to your car whether someone else likes it or not. Some may caution you of doing certain things to it, as to avoid ridicule from others along the way. Lotus's are mainly a purpose driven car. There's not much extras or things that aren't needed on them. So when someone comes up and wants to add things that are non-functional, it goes against the creation of the car itself. But, it's still your car, and your vision, so go nuts.
As for those roof scoops in question, not sure if you know it, but a lot of them are only attached by 3M double sided tape, and that's it. After awhile the tape can wear off, peel away, and then the scoop becomes a projectile. If you do get one, I'd recommend screwing it on. Something that I'd never do to begin with, but again, not my vision. Also with the scoops, I'm sure any of them that you find will most likely not have the exact same curvature to them that your roof does, which will leave gaps. So you may think about grafting it into the roof with adhesives and bondo to fill it all in, thus requiring body work and repaint. It would be great if it were rigged to be functional, but if you just want it for looks too, have at her. Or maybe see if the Exige roof will fit the Elise. It has a scoop built in. Although, it'll be open ended as it won't be functional. You can either rig something up for it to be functional, close the back end up, or just leave it open at both ends, which wont serve any purpose other than looks. Just some things to keep in mind though.
As for the rest, well, enjoy your car and your vision of what you want to do to it. You'll never please everyone.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You misspelled Vegeta.

Might wanna get that right if you put it on a banner.

And I cannot understand why you would buy what is considered one of the most pure-breed lightweight sporting roadsters of all time and then tack a bunch of non-functional items on to it and visually make it a mess. That is not what this car is for. This car is for a certain type of enthusiast- it makes no apologies for that- and you clearly are not that type of enthusiast.

Hey, you asked for opinions.

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
You misspelled Vegeta.

Might wanna get that right if you put it on a banner.

And I cannot understand why you would buy what is considered one of the most pure-breed lightweight sporting roadsters of all time and then tack a bunch of non-functional items on to it and visually make it a mess. That is not what this car is for. This car is for a certain type of enthusiast- it makes no apologies for that- and you clearly are not that type of enthusiast.

Hey, you asked for opinions.

EXACTLY!!
BTW my towhook is left on cuz it sees track duty (as it should) and its generic Lotus cuz its light and it works.
All of your mod ideas will impress the clueless and depress the true lovers of the car. I see that thing come to a track day, I'll piss myself and wait for it to get flatbedded back in after an excursion based purely on stupidity.:thwack:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I agree with the poster who said neon green doesn't go well with storm Ti

I also had a thought about the hood scoop... It occurred to me that it could be functional, just not for engine performance. One of the issues riding around in an elise on a hot day is the hot air from the radiator flowing around the wind shield and filling up the cockpit. If you had a way of sealing it of and opening it up that was (mostly) watertight, it might actually be a good ventilation idea...

The question is whether it is out of the way enough to be taking fresh air that hadn't just passed through the radiator... It's use in the exige somewhat suggests that it is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
You guys are a smart crowd! I salute you and I want to thank you for your genuine commets and yes all that helps. However, let us be clear - STOP talking about Track-Days and High-Performance factors. I know an Elise as much as all of you here, I owned it for 6 years and raced and played and outran a cop ... All that! I sold a Gallardo and got this, it's my daily driver. At this point, I want to have it look a bit more brighter but I don't want to change anything in the car itself so I want to add some HIP factor to it. Guys I'm not old and I don't hang out w people & talk about cars and I take pride in other things in life besides owning a lotus! The lips, cup holder, and brake boot are a given to protect the elements of the car. Colored rims, accented interior, and HID seem normal. But for god's sake chill on your hard-headed / clown-like / Track-expert comments regarding a spoiler, a scoop, and two ring. Thank you for your constructive criticism guys.

Now, to the few clown here :) stick around - we need more stupid comments here because only YOU know lotus & we are just dreamers lol

41 - 60 of 101 Posts