The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , monkey wrench sent me a harness without "labels" on a few of the wires. Some of the dead headed wires were supposed to have labels telling me what they are but I didn't get those labels on my harness, I've been back and forth with Matt from monkey wrench for 2 months and can't get any answers.

Has anyone used this harness (706211) that can provide detailed information on what goes where? The instructions included are near useless and customer service is about the same.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I've built a k series harness from scratch and spent a lot of time in a lotus, so maybe I can help, but I will need a lot more info...

·
Administrator
4,407 Posts
Worst case you'll need to break out a meter and schematics and ID your wires that way.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right. None of those white labels are there. And my wiring kit doesn't match up to the photo from their site. Like the green wire coming off the relay mine is blue and I can't say 100% that its the same wire "just a different color".

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Can you share the instructions? Did Matt really not offer anything in terms of identifying the flying leads?

·
Registered
929 Posts
It is a old post! For. Y car, i did an electrical schematics... with the monkey wrench hardness. It was bad when I decided to add a traction control... wire was not into the pin...

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
That has all you need I think if you know what the lotus pinout nomenclature is. See the last two pages of this doc for what the numbers mean in that instruction for your car 05 is the 2nd last page with pin numbers, 06+ is the last page with the alphanumeric. The instructions have both. The only catch would be if your harness doesnt match the colors they give there.

I wrote that before you posted the other pics, ok so yeah you do need to know what wire is which for at least the switched 12v? Cant get there by process of elimination?

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That has all you need I think if you know what the lotus pinout nomenclature is. See the last two pages of this doc for what the numbers mean in that instruction for your car 05 is the 2nd last page with pin numbers, 06+ is the last page with the alphanumeric. The instructions have both. The only catch would be if your harness doesnt match the colors they give there.

I wrote that before you posted the other pics, ok so yeah you do need to know what wire is which for at least the switched 12v? Cant get there by process of elimination?
Nah,im not that good. I was hoping someone had a new harness they could snap a pic of with the the labels

·
Administrator
4,407 Posts
This shows that nothing in life is easy and for all of those that think you can just "drop" a K20/24 right in are sadly mistaken. Experience, systems know how and being a mechanic/ fabricator all is very important with final results. I've seen several great K20 builds in the past year or so all with varying degrees of $$ spent, hair pulled out and venting. There's been some very interesting comments from owners that have had conversions done dollar wise. It's all great when it all comes together but don't expect plug and play yet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't get why they won't help you. Did you purchase it new through them?

What people are trying to say, is which pins do the wires with no labels go to?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've done three k swaps so far. Just the wiring on the second two. I am a shop though. All three had the mw wiring and all three I either didn't use or replaced the greater majority of the wires. Are you anywhere near me? Tempe Arizona. I did put my schematics in my k swap thread. I also will help if you need in emails, texts, or even a phone call if time permits. If I recall, the wires aren't all necessary, but that's questionable. The extra wires should be... blue or green-fan, white-speed sensor, red-ign, don't take that as gospel though. I'll look at your pictures and see if I can give more advice

·
Registered
136 Posts
I still highly recommend removing the lotus main relay pack, just more stuff to fail and is redundant. I think you just need an ignition relay, start relay, and one other, fuel pump maybe. Ac relay is in the front factory multi relay (fans and ac comp), but I recommend removing that as well and just replacing it with 3 30a automotive relays. I've seen two that failed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts