The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Exige S 260 and the dash stopped working. When I turned the car off, everything was working. Now the Speedo, Tach and LCD display appears dead. The alarm lite in the dash works and everything else appears fine. The car will start and is drivable. The only thing that I did was put it on the lift to change the front sway bar setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eldon

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I have a 2011 Exige S 260 and the dash stopped working. When I turned the car off, everything was working. Now the Speedo, Tach and LCD display appears dead. The alarm lite in the dash works and everything else appears fine. The car will start and is drivable. The only thing that I did was put it on the lift to change the front sway bar setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eldon
Have you tried a cluster reset?

1) open door 2) hold reset button in 3) insert key into ignition, turning to II position quickly

San

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what you are referring to as the "Reset" button? Would you please be a little more descriptive?

Thanks,
Eldon

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I am not sure what you are referring to as the "Reset" button? Would you please be a little more descriptive?

Thanks,
Eldon
The button right in front of your ignition (and the only one around).

San

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No luck on the cluster reset. Checked out the thread and noticed that he still had a Speedo and LCD display. I have neither of these and loss of tach.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Eldon

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
No luck on the cluster reset. Checked out the thread and noticed that he still had a Speedo and LCD display. I have neither of these and loss of tach.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Eldon
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and stepping on the brake pedal. Check your fuses as well (I doubt that's the problem).

San

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
The traditional approach to this type of issue is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes... worth a shot :)

[edit] - beaten to the punch by san!

·
Registered
54 Posts
this happened to and i just removed the fuse for IC and it worked when i reinstalled it.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Lol im a Ford mechanic. IC= Instrument Cluster in my world :panic:
Sorry, I see IC and I read that as intercooler. You probably don't read SAN as Storage Array Network, right?

San

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry, I see IC and I read that as intercooler. You probably don't read SAN as Storage Array Network, right?

San
Is that where the flux compasator is made lol?:shrug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts