The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to ordering my Pro-rad radiator (thanks sector111 free shipping was the cherry on top). I intend on keeping my a/c. I want to change the fans, the current fans are awful and will slowly ruin my a/c. I am going to purchase the twin mount fan kit from eliseparts but I need help finding the appropriate fans. I'm under the impression puller fans will work best on this setup. Does anyone know where I can get the spal fans that are pullers and will fit?

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,559 Posts
Fan will probably not run backwards if you reverse polarity and the blades are curved wrong to run backwards
If switching polarity does work the blades will be ok as you have to trun over the fan when moving it from the font of the Rad to the back.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I bought mine from Sector111, but I think Elise-parts carry the right Spal fans as well. And yes, you need the right type (puller), the fans only mount one way (only one side is designed to be flush to the radiator), and the blades are designed for one direction. Spal fans are easy to find online once you know the right part number. I might be able to read the part number on my set (I have the twin puller fan setup), the fans are pretty easy to see without pulling anything apart, let me know if you need it.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I have two SPAL VA07-AP12/C-58A 12V pullers, but I have a custom oversized radiator.

San

1 - 10 of 10 Posts