The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2005 Elise recently that has the factory supplied anti-theft lug nuts but did not come with the lug nut key. I need to get the front wheel off to change a burned out bulb in the headlight so that I can pass state inspection. Please see picture below. If anyone has a lug nut key for this I would like to borrow it and ship it back to them. I will gladly compensate someone for the shipping and his/her time. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,605 Posts
I’m not sure I have that key but I will look tonight. I thought there was a thread about being able to change that without removal of the tire, or maybe it was a slight modification to the plastic to be able to change it without removal of the tire.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I bought a 2005 Elise recently that has the factory supplied anti-theft lug nuts but did not come with the lug nut key. I need to get the front wheel off to change a burned out bulb in the headlight so that I can pass state inspection. Please see picture below. If anyone has a lug nut key for this I would like to borrow it and ship it back to them. I will gladly compensate someone for the shipping and his/her time. Thanks!
It's not a single "key". There are multiple variations, so you would need the right one. Not sure how you'd know which one to order to fit your nuts.

Cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did manage to change the low beam bulb without taking the wheel off...but it still doesn't work. Fuses are all fine. Checked the wires going to low beam bulb with a multimeter and they are dead. Looks like I will be installing a new switch pack.

Correct. There are multiple patterns with unique keys. I was hoping someone would recognize the lug nut pattern in the picture I provided and let me borrow the key.

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
Sears has a handy dandy tool with uses dozens of spring loaded steel pins to grip irregularly shaped bolt heads and such. Maybe that will work.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,605 Posts
I do not have that lug key. Might visit some tire shops to see if they can remove it, they have helped me in the past when I've lost a lug key. Just make sure you have new wheel bolts to install at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts