The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make my engine change (SC swap on an 06 Exige) legal, and the BAR referee requires a validation of the Calibration ID in the ECU, and so far no one has been able to pull this data. I have an 06 Exige running an 08 ECU... So anyone with experience with this's input would be valuable.

I'm taking the car back to Trackspec this week to give it another shot, but Lotus said I need the LT3 tool. None of my local dealers seem to have this tool, and so far, no one has been able to pull the calibration ID off my car with the scanners they have.

If anyone has this tool, please let me know.

Other suggestions for trying to pull the Calibration ID and CVN off the ECU would be appreciated as well.

This is getting urgent as I need this to Smog my car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

Calibration ID is mode OBD2 Mode 9 PID 4. I've read it with a CANable and a Linux Laptop, but an ELM327 should also work.

The T4E Dumper of Cybernet display also the Calibration ID with an ELM327 adapter, but I've never tested it.

I guess the CVN is also available on Mode 9, maybe PID 6 ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved! It was actually an issue with my AIM gauge cluster. OBDII requests need to be set to "Disable" to connect via OBDII.

Thanks to Jon at Trackspec and everyone who reached out via the forums. This is the best community.

Photo for fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts