The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up a soft top for my exige. Needing to do the install of the Rear Bow Plugs this weekend and have had numerous people refer me to the below link:

Lotus Exige Soft Top Retrofit DIY

I also saw on another thread that the measurements were a bit screwy on these instructions. thus my request, if you have a soft top on your exige will you please assist me in providing accurate measurements for the placement of the rear Bow Plugs. Preferably the two measurements referenced in my spiffy PC Paint image below...

Much thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you have the soft top with the arms, it is pretty easy to calculate these locations. They do not have to be exact to work.

The front mounts are alread in place, you can put the supports in the front mounts and see where they should be in the back. The measure the drop of the supports to calculate "B". A = the same distance as the front mounts.

It really is that easy, did mine that way and it works great. If you use Gorrilla Glue, be very careful and only use a dab for the inserts, it expands and can make a mess (found this out the hard way).

Good luck, we love our softtop (in the spring and fall). Winter and summer it is hard top only.

Rick

·
Registered
268 Posts
Cutting into the car like that would scare me. Do any shops do this? I'd imagine they could do this quicker than I could anyhow.

Q

·
0 Posts
Finally picked up a soft top for my exige. Needing to do the install of the Rear Bow Plugs this weekend and have had numerous people refer me to the below link:

Lotus Exige Soft Top Retrofit DIY

I also saw on another thread that the measurements were a bit screwy on these instructions. thus my request, if you have a soft top on your exige will you please assist me in providing accurate measurements for the placement of the rear Bow Plugs. Preferably the two measurements referenced in my spiffy PC Paint image below...

Much thanks.

the measurements on that thread you referenced worked for me!

Q

·
0 Posts
Cutting into the car like that would scare me. Do any shops do this? I'd imagine they could do this quicker than I could anyhow.
What? It takes like 5-10 minutes to cut with a Dremel tool.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ditto on both of qball's points: Dimensions referenced worked for me, and total time including measuring 3 times, was about 20 minutes (not including th eremoval of the hard top.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. Thats what i was wanting to hear. gonna knock it out this weekend and get it ready for Spring. Sweeeeeeeet. :shift:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts