The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to get my mechanic to replace a throw out bearing. While in there I figure I will go ahead and change the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel etc. in the image below is this the parts that I need? Can I do without some of this? Lotus sent me this and I just want to make sure this is accurate. Any advice is greatly appreciated. image.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The parts are overpriced. $141 for a throw out bearing? $760ish total for clutch and pressure plate?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what i was thinking also. I am new to owning my Elise and i just need any advice you can give me on what product to go with? I only drive the car to and from work. Ocassionally i drive it back to my hometown which is three hours away. im interested in the longest life. Also what flywheel do you reccomend?

·
Registered
2005 StormTi 200000+ miles
162 Posts
Depending on how bad it got before you brought it in, you may not need the ring gear ( i think this is the same as the flywheel)? at all. Though the mechanic may always add it to make sure the install is trouble free.

Check out my how to guide on changing the clutch Replacing the Clutch on a Lotus Elise | HowTune.com

I'd reccomend the stock Toyota clutch if you don't need more for higher horsepower

1 - 5 of 5 Posts