The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a 2,135 mile 3.5 day weekend road trip to bring my new to me trailer home. It is a used 36' Exiss aluminum gooseneck car hauler. I am having it converted to a 5th wheel and installing a Pullrite automatic sliding hitch so I will be able to turn to 80+ degrees with my 06 Dodge Megacab. I towed it home with just a 4" offset ball and was sweating bullets every time I had to turn the wheel. Trailer towed like a dream though. Buddies had told me goosenecks tow better than tag trailers, but I had no idea how much better. Anyway, the trailer is more or less a clean slate on the inside other than a couple of small Pit Pal products and some e-track. Trailer came prewired for A/C, but where and how many wires I don't know yet. Trailer will primarily be used to haul my formula 600 and a pit vehicle of some sort (golf cart or small ATV), but will occasionally haul two cars, either two F600's, or my Elise and a buddies small autocross car like a Miata or similar.

Looking for some good ideas on products for the trailer such as tire racks, hose reels, or other items you found to be must haves.

Current Plans:

1. Mount for nitrogen bottle (for tires)
2. Hose reel or hose rack (preferences?)
3. Spare tire mount
4. Tire racks for 8 tires (2 x 4' racks or use individual mounts?) Tires/wheels are light and only 18" OD (10" wheels) so I hate to spend money on racks rated for 400 lbs
5. Rack for awning poles (12'x20' awning)
6. Rack for 8' step ladder (to put up awning)
7. Fuel jug rack for 4x5 gal jugs.
8. Some method to secure a 1,000 lbs rolling tool box in nose of trailer (any ideas? This thing is big and heavy.)

Future Plans:
1. Florescent Lighting
2. A/C-Heat
3. RV Power Hookup
4. Inside and Outisde 110V outlets
5. Outside 110V lights
6. Radio
7. Anything else?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
You are joking right? You did all that planning and didn't even mention a coffee maker (for before the races) and a blender (for making margaritas after the races)? Heathens, one and all.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! I'm not a coffee drinker, but Margaritas.... sounds tempting. The floor space is just enough for two cars, but I could look at one of those small RV refrigerators in the nose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts