The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I have removed my driver's side airbag by virtue of going with S111s Works Bell removable steering wheel hub. I've also disassembled the dash and removed the passenger side airbag while I was at it. See first pic below.

The Works Bell comes with a 2 ohm resistor to wire in-line that fools the SRS system from throwing a fault code. I assume I can just wire another 2 ohm resistor in place to fool the SRS system as it pertains to the passenger side airbag.

Here are my questions though: Can I also remove the SRS Unit (part number A121B0060F, see second pic below)? It would be great to remove this piece seeing as how I don't have any airbags to deploy anymore. If I remove this piece, will its absence throw an SRS fault code / light? If not, then I assume that I could remove it and I wouldn't need to wire in the aforementioned 2 ohm resistors?

THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
don't see any obvious reasons in the circuit diagram as to why it can't be removed, the resistors would be connected to the srs unit, so they wouldn't be needed, and you shoulnd't get a warning light either.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
subscribed...

Please update with results.

xtn

·
Vendor
3,299 Posts
I removed mine and did not get an ABS light. Can't remember if I got an airbag light or not. Then I removed the Dash and the ECU so the point was mute.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
In case you didn't know, the SRS unit also "fires" the seat belt pre-tensioners (tightens the seat belts in a wreck).

If you remove the SRS processor, you loose that capability. Of course if you remove the seat belts, and replace them with harnesses, it's not a problem either...

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you want your tensioners to work, keep the computer and snip the SRS warning light lead on the cluster harness.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want your tensioners to work, keep the computer and snip the SRS warning light lead on the cluster harness.
Actually, seeing as how the stock seat belts work with the Mulsanne Cs, I'm keeping them for street use. Do you know which is the warning light lead in the cluster harness? I don't plan on snipping it, but I would pull the electrical connector out of the "molex" connector.

Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts