The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing harnesses and after removin the driver's seat I found these "L" shaped pieces. (Shims?) Where to they go upon reinstallation?

Also, I have yet to vacuum, so please don't give me a hard time about the dirt.

Thanks,

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
they go in the back of your seat rails. The rear seat rail bolts go thru the holes in the "shims" if I remember correctly. It should fit in such a way that one leg of the "L" fits in the open part of the seat rail, I believe to act as a "stop" for your seat when it's all the way back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they go in the back of your seat rails. The rear seat rail bolts go thru the holes in the "shims" if I remember correctly. It should fit in such a way that one leg of the "L" fits in the open part of the seat rail, I believe to act as a "stop" for your seat when it's all the way back.
Thanks, you are correct. At first I could not figure out exactly what to do, since for what ever reason I assumed that the Ls went under the rails. I know your explanation says "in the open part" but it just did not make sense to me. My 11 year old daughter figured it out just by looking at it! The Ls go on top of the rail. This is a proud moment as a father.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts