The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help. I have a 2004 Exige which I brought several years ago as a mid/late life crisis toy. Generally it has been trouble free, speeding fines notwithstanding, and I try to get out in it most weekends to clear the cobwebs (both mine and the Exige). Last weekend my instrument cluster suddenly went feral on me. Both the tacho and speedometer have developed a new zero/resting point, about 500rpm for the tach and 20kph for the speedo. When running both seem to working fine just reading high. Everything else seems to be running normally although cornering speeds now look alot more impressive.
Has anyone got any ideas on (a) the cause, and (b) the fix. Hopefully someone is not going to say new cluster.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You can try and do the reset speedo/tach procedure... It's actually listed in the manual somewhere.

Keep the door open and key out of the ignition.
Press and hold the trip reset button.
Key in, and quickly turn the ignition but not to the point where it turns the engine over.

I had that happen in my 08 Exige (Black tach faceplate), had my ECU updated and never happened since.
YMMV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts