The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know any good truck or any transportation companies that can haul the elise to ny, i will prob be getting a car fron Ascot
which is all the way in Sewickley, PA i do not want to drive a brand new elise all the way to ny from there its to many miles. help

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Just curious, what is wrong with driving that many miles in the Elise?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I live in Pittsburgh PA!!

I'll drive it up there for you!!

For FREE!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Drive it! Vary your speed and rpm's. Get your break-in miles over with so you can let her run a little before winter storage!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
winter storage...I scoff...HAHAHAHA:D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>Just curious, what is wrong with driving that many
>miles in the Elise?

Looks like scattered snow showers by the end of the week in PA. Now if it was sunny weather there'd be no reason not to drive it :)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I have the same problem, my car will get to Ascot probably mid Jan. so i have no idea if i am just going to leave it at the dealer untill the roads clear, or transport it down here, or what.. i was hoping i would have gotten the car by now so i could drive it up there for a long weekend and get the ecu service done before i left town.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Talk to your dealer and see if there's any company they typically work with.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I forget about that "weather" thing. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my car is going to be delivered in april, but like i said i dont want to drive 500 miles going and coming home which is 1000 miles already.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Still curious, wouldn;t you fly there? If you drove, what happens to your car, do you bring a buddy?

And if you flew, that is only 500 miles back, which can be done in an easy day.

It seems odd to me, but then I drove 2650 miles in 2.5 days. to get my car.

In answer to your question, there are a couple of transport companies that have been recommended on this forum. I called them when I was considering shipping my car from Georgia. Perhaps someone else can recall what the names of the trucking companies were?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just don't want to drive it until it gets to my house. all i asked was some companies that can help me out. the dealer said it would be like 800 dollars from them to haul it to my house. i think that is very expensive and wanted to look for a cheaper hauling company or another alternative

·
Registered
431 Posts
I too would be interested in some enclosed transport company recomendations. My car will be delivered in NY in late January and I have to have it transported about 400 miles. Intercity Lines quoted me about $700 but I would like to get a few others just for comparision

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
newguy said:
i just don't want to drive it until it gets to my house. all i asked was some companies that can help me out. the dealer said it would be like 800 dollars from them to haul it to my house. i think that is very expensive and wanted to look for a cheaper hauling company or another alternative
If I were you, I would begin calling car dealers and getting names of transport companies whom they deal with.....who you can then call directly. They have runs everyday and would gladly load their truck as much as possible. Trucking companies usually haul by weight and the Elise is lightweight.

You may even try contacting LCU's trucking company (which was mentioned on a thread recently........anyone remember the name?) they may be able to help you directly. After all, that's what they do for a living.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
my car, perry's car and dana's car (in transit currently) were handled by Intercity.
I have no complaints and would recommend them. I believe Perry was very satisfied as well. He also told me Intercity handles the transport of the Porsche Carrera GT around the country.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I took a Greyhound bus to Pittsburgh to get my car, then drove it home. Talk about a dichotomy of experiences! Bus going up -- new sportscar coming back!

BTW: you guys who are getting yours from Ascot should be very pleased. I was extremely impressed with Curt and the whole operation. Ask to meet the owner -- he's a very interesting guy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts