The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched everywhere....My elise came with this bad setup and now the plate holder is pulling out of the fiberglass and I can't figure out how to get it off and what I can cover it up with when I get it off.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Wow, an Elise with the front plate holder installed! I think I've seen two of those in my life. ;) If I recall, you'll access the retention nuts from the back side, remove the front undertray and you should be able to reach it easily. Covering it up will be more difficult...you can get small black plastic caps to snap into those holes, but that'll still be visible.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about this setup like the banner?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I haven't seen any solid-background decals to fit in that area, just text ("ELISE"). However, I'm sure SweetDaddyD could help you with some sort of overlay for that space.

·
Registered
943 Posts
You can buy screw hole caps from Lowe's or home depot. They have different sizes depending on the size of the hole. You can then paint them with touch up paint. I had a mini with the same issue so I got the color matched in a rattle can (there's a web site that does it based on the color code) and sprayed them to match the body. They were invisible from 10 feet and looked intentional upon closer inspection.

Matt

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I haven't seen any solid-background decals to fit in that area, just text ("ELISE"). However, I'm sure SweetDaddyD could help you with some sort of overlay for that space.
Yeh SDD will help you out with covering them, just like he helped who was it now i think it was **** with his Krypton Green car he had a crack in the clam and stuck a green angry face over it lol:up:

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
It would be more expensive but you could go the Uberclam route like Randy and have the plinth removed entirely.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same issue with my recently purchased 07 Elise. I couldn't stand looking at the bent plate so I had the dealer take it off and we customized a solid "Elise" badge to cover the holes. One big surprise, which you may face as well. Since the plate was on so tight and was taking the scrapes, it actually formed a small crack in the front of the clam. Now I have to stare at that until I can figure the best way to fix. So, just be prepared... Will be glad to send picts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
836 Posts
My brother runs velcro in the front of his speedster, have done it for a few years and never lost a plate.

I have my frontplate in the trunk, but I did take the OEM bracket and put a bolt through it so it fits in the receiver for the tow hook. I can attach it in less than a minute if needed to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts