The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have been a long time lurker on this forum and am thinking of going ahead with the purchase of a 2007 used Elise with 16,000 km on it.

As recommended on this forum, I've had an ECU printout done, and also had pictures of the car (and the cams) taken. Would some of you folks here that are quite familiar with the Elise be able to take a look at this ECU printout and also the photos and give me your thoughts? Does it look like the car has had a lot of hard wear (tracked?), or is the ECU prinout pretty good for an Elise?

There appears to be damage to the bottom of the front bumper, I wasn't aware of this until the pictures were sent to me today. I would also apprecaite any advice regarding this apparent damage.

The images are attached.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The ECU printout looks sad. That car was babied... Only 11 minute 20 seconds at full throttle. Poor thing. I hope you use it better than the previous owner.

Not sure on the cams...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rich for the info. That scrape on the bottom isn't cause for alarm is it?

I don't think so, but I see people post about the clam - and I don't really understand what it is (except I guess that the front part of the car doesn't actually have a bumper and is just one piece). Big investment so doing my homework here to try to make a good purchase!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks like a lightly exercised car, definitely not abused. If it was tracked, it certainly was maybe just once and was probably not driven very hard. Redline RPM's indicate someone did have some fun with it. No red flags. Service Records can confirm if Lotus thinks there are any red flags too. If it shows it's still under warranty, then you're golden.

The damage to the winglets is common with steep driveways. Maybe a few hundred dollars to repair.

Can't really comment on the CAMs...can't remember if the hardening issue was resolved by the time 07's were being built. Someone else probably will remember. For peace of mind, you could pay a dealer to take a look.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Ya...that's a babied car. 25.5 sec to 62? That's just sad...but great for you! (that might be an anomaly with the data though, as it shows the same time for 0-150 KMH)
That scrape doesn't look too bad, and is very common. I'd get a quote for repair from a dealer just have some negotiating power.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
What is the "Gauge may not be fitted" mean?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Where's your oil temp gauge? :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
25.5 sec to 62.
I can't remember ever seeing an ECU dump that ever has had valid data on the fastest time values. Think it's safe to ignore these.

What is the "Gauge may not be fitted" mean?
I don't think any stock cars have an oil temp sensor installed. Best to ignore the oil temp value when it's -40

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I don't think any stock cars have an oil temp sensor installed. Best to ignore the oil temp value when it's -40
:wallbang:

I guess I read that out of context... thanks, I needed that!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I can't remember ever seeing an ECU dump that ever has had valid data on the fastest time values. Think it's safe to ignore these.
Righto, I edited my post as soon as I realized there was a problem with the data. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts