The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I install the RLS smaller mirror but it vibrates enough to me harder to see images than stock mirror. Anyone have this issue and how did they fix it?

Ed

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Can you give more specifics, as I have not heard this before. Are you using with spacer or without spacer? Do you have aftermarket engine mounts (I know mine made EVERYTHING shake). Is the engine RPM making the mirror shake, or is it the road vibration?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the hardtop spacer and I do have sport inserts for the engine mount. i am only concerned with the vibration when driving the car. I can grab the mirror and stop the vibration. it is the tension between the ball and the mirror.

I was think of putting some type of tape between ball that it rotates on and the mirror.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
It is possible that the attachment at the ball socket was weak from the mirror manufacturer, but I kind of doubt it they all seem to be the same tension at the ball sockets.

Hmm... if you want to send it back I can see if it is any different than the mirrors that are here, and if so send you a different one.

The point where it attaches to the kit adapter is snug?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts