The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just signing in at the gate when my shifter went slack. Ow!

It's a long shot, I know, but anybody have a shifter cable for sale in the Pocono area? And able to deliver it to the track Sat or Sun?
Please leave pm.

The only upside is that the car is stuck in 4th, so I should be able to limp home Sun evening...

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
You didn't install the Simply Sports Cars shift and cross gate cables yet?

Good luck getting home anyway... tough luck...sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Was just signing in at the gate when my shifter went slack. Ow!

It's a long shot, I know, but anybody have a shifter cable for sale in the Pocono area? And able to deliver it to the track Sat or Sun?
Please leave pm.

The only upside is that the car is stuck in 4th, so I should be able to limp home Sun evening...
That sucks. I hope someone can help you out.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sucks. I hope someone can help you out.
Well, I guess I wasn't lucky enough this time.

I did knock out a few laps in fourth gear, which was kind of goofy.

And I made it home Sun, but I'll be ordering a new clutch disc...

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update...

I ordered some new parts:

IMAG0333.jpg

New clutch disc, throwout bearing, transaxle seals (figured I might as well replace them while I was in there), SSC shift cable, and Fidanza flywheel surface.
Plus Redline MT90 and Synchromesh. The SSC cable is much more substantial than the stock one.

The clutch disc I took out looked surprisingly good, so I'll keep it as a backup. The flywheel friction surface was very slightly scored. I probably could have kept it in, but I replaced it anyway; better safe than sorry.

And while the rear suspension was apart, I went ahead and took apart the front as well and put in a set of monoballs I have had on hand. There were a couple of ball joints that looked a bit rough, so I replaced them also and filled with Schaeffer synthetic EP grease.

I got it all together Thur, buttoned up and did an alignment Fri, and hit the track Sat. I only got one session in, plus about three hours on highway and back streets to/from the track. But it seems like we're back in business...

What will break next?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts