The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had a look at the Elise that I mentioned in my first post. Overall, it is in very good condition. As mentioned, it supposedly makes around 300 HP with the aftermarket SC and intercooler setup. The reg flag I have with the car is some trouble the dealer had with the ECU. According to the salesperson, it lost it's tune and died on the road. They swapped in a stock SC ECU to get it back to the dealer and the ECU was sent back to the company that made it (not OEM). I asked for the name of the company that did the work on it a he said he didn't think they were around anymore. I don't see how a tune could disappear from a ECU, what do you guys think? I mentioned in my last post the SC was a magnuson mp62 however today the salesguy said that was only his best guess. Based on the pics, anyone recognize the manufacturer of this setup? Bottom line, I don't want to buy something I can't get support for. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
looks like same as a lotus im looking at.. tvs1320 from vision function stage 2 kit.. no longer made.. but looks like they do tunes on their site

·
Registered
719 Posts
at least in the 2005 ecu, there are code-based mechanisms that allow for erasing flash memory block by block or erasing the entire flash chip. i expect that the aftermarket tunes have built in some kind of anti-piracy detection that removes the modified calibration if they think someone is trying to read the rom. this is just speculation on my part, though. it's at least plausible that the ecu could 'lose the tune' in this way.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Definitely a vision function kit. They offered a mp62 and also also tvs1320 version. You might be able to contact jermaine directly and see if he’d still sell you a tune for it. He’s a super nice guy, so I wouldn’t doubt it.

I had both kits on my car at one time, and they work very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Take some pictures of the actual supercharger, can't tell by looking at these. I have the vision function mp62 kit and it looks the same

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto on It being a vision function. If you get ahold of Jermaine let us know because he probably could have some further support or backing up business for these kits of his. Mine runs great 5 years after I installed it and love the wine of the MP62 but always am concerned about losing the flash/tune and would consider some means to buy a backup since I’ll probly keep the car for a long time to come since I’m still having fun with it. Mine is a 2009 black dash and had to meet with Jermaine once to tweak it a bit just after I installed it, which he gladly did- he is a nice guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts