The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:wave:

I would really appriciate if you guys could help me on preparing my Lotus Exige S 260HP for tracdays:shift: use in Cyprus.
We have a small track here in Cyprus called Achna Speedway and i think my Lotus would be a great tool to have fun on the track. The down sides of the country as you all know is bloody hot especially in summer! I have been reading that before taking a lotus to the track there are few modifications that must be done. I heard one of them is for the oil starvation and secondly is for the fuel and most importantly for cooling in this terrible heat.

It would be great if i get some ideas on which brand of products i could use or if there are any other major things i should take into consideration from you guys:up:

This is hopefully going to be my new trackday tool:ST:rotfl

Cheers...

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Unless you start running slicks, you won't be making enough lat "G's" to worry about oiling issues...
Fuel starve?, just don't run less than half tank.

There's plenty of ways to spend money. I suggest you take the $1,000 USD I just saved you and invest it in driver coaching!

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
you might put a set of catch cans on. Not required but it will keep oil out of the intake and is cheap/easy.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Not sure if your S260 comes with Accusump, but if you have it, then you wouldn't have to worry as much about getting about oil starvation.(except for it leaking.. so check for leaks)
Fuel starve may still be an issue on long left handers, but if you keep the tank at least 50% full, then you'll be fine.
Toe link failures is a non-issue for Exiges 2008 and beyond(comes stock with factory brace), I hear.
Maybe upgraded intercooler/heatshield/shroud if it gets heat soaked much, and maybe possibly upgraded radiator with pull type fans, but only after if you think it's needed.
Check/bleed brake/clutch fluid before you go out.

Get an instructor.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Unless you start running slicks, you won't be making enough lat "G's" to worry about oiling issues...
Re the oiling issue, that doesn't seem to jive with what a lot of people are saying, but perhaps I've fallen victim to one of the many vendors selling baffled oil pans.

I will say that I can see 1.3g on most tracks here in SoCal on R888s. And on one track I see 1.6 g because the track is banked, but that could be an error in my AiM Solo's data.

·
Registered
553 Posts
That car is way too beautiful.... buy another exige and prep that instead ;)

Nice Ferrari!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I will say that I can see 1.3g on most tracks here in SoCal on R888s. And on one track I see 1.6 g because the track is banked, but that could be an error in my AiM Solo's data.

Sure, however a new driver isn't going to be making those numbers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the advises you gave. I guess i will have to try out and figure out what is really needed for the car, this seems to be the cheapest solution so far anyways:up::D

There's plenty of ways to spend money. I suggest you take the $1,000 USD I just saved you and invest it in driver coaching!
you might put a set of catch cans on. Not required but it will keep oil out of the intake and is cheap/easy.
Replace Toe links!!!!!
Actually, the car needs absolutely nothing!

Thank you for your advises guys. I guess i will give it a go and than decide what i actually need to replace on the car. That seems to be the best and cheapest solution for the time being:D:ST:

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Not sure if your S260 comes with Accusump, but if you have it, then you wouldn't have to worry as much about getting about oil starvation.(except for it leaking.. so check for leaks)
Fuel starve may still be an issue on long left handers, but if you keep the tank at least 50% full, then you'll be fine.
Toe link failures is a non-issue for Exiges 2008 and beyond(comes stock with factory brace), I hear.
Maybe upgraded intercooler/heatshield/shroud if it gets heat soaked much, and maybe possibly upgraded radiator with pull type fans, but only after if you think it's needed.
Check/bleed brake/clutch fluid before you go out.

Get an instructor.
Re the oiling issue, that doesn't seem to jive with what a lot of people are saying, but perhaps I've fallen victim to one of the many vendors selling baffled oil pans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts