The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is bad news to the lotus elise I have. This morning it was going to rain and thunder by 10:30 and was going to leave the house by 10:15 so I wouldn't get stuck in the rain, but fortunately it started to rain like crazy. Didnt want to take the highway because I thought it would be a bad idea, so I decided to take back roads. The rain was getting worse and driving condition. I was going slow, so nothing bad will happen and all of sudden I see a big pot hole or something and I tried to avoid it, luckily the front end avoided it but the back part hit and I was like God Damnit. Might have popped the tire, but I checked it out and I was like oh thank god, but the back left rear got scrapped and scratched up pretty badly. I have pictures to show you what it looks like but it wasn't bad as I expect it would be. Based on these pictures, I was wandering if there was a way to touch these scratches or scrapes up because I know there is and heard some people do it to their lotus or other cars out there. So, any ideas or suggestions would be really helpful. But if not then I will have to buy a new wheel in the back.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sorry that happened. Look for a wheel repair shop. They should be able to make it look like new.

PS figure out how to make your pictures smaller for posting.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
That's a bummer... although i'm having a hard time understanding how a pothole "or something" could cause this kind of damage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts