The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous owner replaced the battery prior to my purchase, and had both sides of the battery tender hooked to the positive terminal o_O. Needless to say, I want to ensure this is all properly connected.

Do I have the OEM battery and hold-down bracket? Because it sure looks like the metal hold-down bracket is touching both the positive and negative battery terminals which can't be good! Perhaps I need a battery with the terminals positioned differently (not on the top edge of the battery)? The metal hold-down bracket is giving off a positive charge so at least that one side is slightly touching the case.

IMG_7106.jpeg

Second, what is this plug for (one black wire and one green with purple stripe)? Neither are hooked up. I have searched and this does not appear to be the third brake light or Euro rear fog wire people describe at the back of the trunk.

IMG_7104.jpeg

See that ground in the pic above? It is not connected. Unsure if previous owner did this. It appears to come from the section of wiring harness that powers the accusump, but there is a second ground on the accusump harness (brown wire) that I connected as the ground. Connecting the brown ground does not appear to be making the accusump behave properly, so perhaps I need to connect this other ground? At the very least, I can't damage anything by trying, correct?

Asking all of these questions in advance because I am terrified of causing a major electrical problem! Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is hard to tell from the pictures without tracing all the lines to where they go exactly. That is an aftermarket battery, I am using a mount with a kill switch from inokinetic with mine.

How did the car get transported or ran this way? Have you tried contacting the previous owner?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Presume it is NOT QUITE touching the negative terminal. Previous owner is no help, literally could not hook up a battery tender labeled with black and red colors! Will not be running the car again at least until I get it spaced out with something. I am going to pull the battery out to see how it is held down. I see one screw on each side of this metal bracket bolting it to the floor of the trunk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found yet another connecter without a home, this time in the engine bay, while flushing the clutch:
View attachment 1268861

I am going to notch the battery hold-down bracket in the area of the terminals tomorrow morning. There must be a hair's width of space on the negative terminal for this to not be causing an issue!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts