The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys and gals either own or manage a retail mobile phone shop? I graduate this May and I'm ready to really push my product into stores nationwide.

I started a company called GelShell that manufactures truly self healing screen protectors for cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc.

My material is patented and superior in EVERY way to Ghost Armor, ZAGG, Military Shield, Phantom Skinz, etc. Some of them claim self healing properties but when you contrast theirs and mine, theirs doesn't seem to recover at all in comparison.

For example, as a demo, I take two new phones into a store, one with a ZAGG Invisible Shield and one with my screen protector on it, and scratch both with a wire brush. In 3 to 5 minutes, the scratches are completely gone from mine. Theirs is ruined permanently.

This is the big selling point of my product as it will be the last screen protector you buy for your device.

Mods, this isn't an advertisement to sell to individuals on here. I just want to see if anyone in the Lotus community is in the industry and can help me get my product into stores.

Thanks everyone!

-John
505-463-1607

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Why not sell them yourself online. set up an online store, hawk them off Amazon or ebay. Show supporting footage of their superiority.. These things can sell themselves if you your claims are true.

·
Registered
87 Posts
+1 sell you own.

I created a (very simple) free 'webs' site to sell my lotus switchblade key design.

Home - Key Solutions - Lotus owners and Cobra Alarms

This method has virtually no fixed cost, which I am assuming would help since you are a start-up. You can build up capital, then take on more ambitious marketing initiatives. The only drawback is the 2.9% + .30 PayPal fee, but I have found that to be a small price to pay for customer confidence and convenience.

I have a very specific target market, so promotion of the site was easy for me, but since your product has a broader appeal, it might actually be more challenging to reach out to potential buyers.

What is your price point/target market?

Best of luck,
Jay

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not sell them yourself online. set up an online store, hawk them off Amazon or ebay. Show supporting footage of their superiority.. These things can sell themselves if you your claims are true.
I have already done that and they sold very well! I have them in some local independently owned phone shops. I also have a few chains of anywhere between 5 and 22 stores each that are very interested in them and are waiting on me to get my retail packaging together.

I don't want to keep selling these on eBay and Amazon. I want to wholesale them to stores or a distributor, collect a check, and keep working to make the business bigger and my product better.

+1 sell you own.

I created a (very simple) free 'webs' site to sell my lotus switchblade key design.

Home - Key Solutions - Lotus owners and Cobra Alarms

This method has virtually no fixed cost, which I am assuming would help since you are a start-up. You can build up capital, then take on more ambitious marketing initiatives. The only drawback is the 2.9% + .30 PayPal fee, but I have found that to be a small price to pay for customer confidence and convenience.

I have a very specific target market, so promotion of the site was easy for me, but since your product has a broader appeal, it might actually be more challenging to reach out to potential buyers.

What is your price point/target market?

Best of luck,
Jay
Yes, I've built a website but it's not available to the public at the moment due to some store issues I'm having in allowing people to select different coverage options.

My price point is between $15 and $20 per screen protector (retail) to compete with ZAGG (even though my product is technically superior and justifies a higher price). My target market is the consumer that spends more money on a higher-end smartphone and wants to protect it without a bulky case like an Otterbox.

This isn't meant to compete with the 10 for $4 screen protectors you can get on eBay.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Suggestion (from a twisted perspective), I need a "screen" protector for my car's front and sides, how do you stack up versus starshield? The right answer to this question creates another market for you.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Do any of you guys and gals either own or manage a retail mobile phone shop? I graduate this May and I'm ready to really push my product into stores nationwide.

I started a company called GelShell that manufactures truly self healing screen protectors for cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc.

My material is patented and superior in EVERY way to Ghost Armor, ZAGG, Military Shield, Phantom Skinz, etc. Some of them claim self healing properties but when you contrast theirs and mine, theirs doesn't seem to recover at all in comparison.

For example, as a demo, I take two new phones into a store, one with a ZAGG Invisible Shield and one with my screen protector on it, and scratch both with a wire brush. In 3 to 5 minutes, the scratches are completely gone from mine. Theirs is ruined permanently.

This is the big selling point of my product as it will be the last screen protector you buy for your device.

Mods, this isn't an advertisement to sell to individuals on here. I just want to see if anyone in the Lotus community is in the industry and can help me get my product into stores.

Thanks everyone!

-John
505-463-1607
I request a free sample to research your claims...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suggestion (from a twisted perspective), I need a "screen" protector for my car's front and sides, how do you stack up versus starshield? The right answer to this question creates another market for you.
Way ahead of you. Already slapped it on a friend's car. GelShell material makes Starshield seem like masking tape. PLUS IT HEALS!

I can cut them in any shape needed but it's still a bitch to install properly around contours, just like any other film.

I request a free sample to research your claims...
Come on moneybags, I need working capital. What kinda phone ya got?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts