The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who owned this car or the history of it because I am thinking about getting it. Thanks James

2007 Lotus Exige S - Cars For Sale Baldwin Park or Glendora, CA

VEHICLE LISTING

2007 Lotus Exige S $42,977

Stock #: 2010 Color: Yellow
VIN#: SCCVC11107HL83281 Transmission: Manual
Year: 2007 Engine: 1.8L L4 DOHC 16V SUPERCHARGED
Make: Lotus Drive Train: RWD
Model: Exige Mileage: 5,577
Trim: S State: CA
Interior: Price: $42,977
Vehicle Type: Coupe

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Doesn't look bad on the surface. Looks to have a harness bar (ad mentions track pack, but harness bar doesn't automatically equal that), Sector111 heel & toe pedals, traction control (may have LSD), gauge pod (I forget who made those), seats have been made 5/6 point compatible (looks like good upholstery work), Sector111 folding tow hook, some sort of rear tow hook and extinguisher as well. Since it has 5.5k miles and new R888's (mostly equivalent to the oem Yoko A048's), it has likely seen some decent track time.

VIN is actually: SCCVC11107HL83281
It definitely has LSD, Track Pack: http://www.rproberson.com/exigewindowsticker.pdf

·
Registered
705 Posts
Looks like a decent car but beware they are a very shady dealer as me and another member here found out when looking at a black 07 they had a couple months back. Definitely out to screw the customer, just look them up on yelp

·
Registered
342 Posts
Used to live out there for 21 years and you would not normally associate Garvey Avenue in sunny Baldwin Park with buying a Lotus. Glendora .... possibly, but these two towns are 10 miles and a world apart.

Just my $0.02 woth. Check-em out but good !!!!!

Good luck.
:up:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help more info and thinking alot now that the car needs to be through the ecu ins check and things like that alot of ???? would just make me not buy the car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Dont buy it. This car came up in a thread before and members mentioned a lot issues with the car.... Even the lotus symbol on the rear clam is wrong, which suggests it was in an accident. Save up More money and buy a lotus off of a private seller in my opinion. I had to go through hell to buy mine but if you're patient, you'll find the right car.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dont buy it. This car came up in a thread before and members mentioned a lot issues with the car.... Even the lotus symbol on the rear clam is wrong, which suggests it was in an accident. Save up More money and buy a lotus off of a private seller in my opinion. I had to go through hell to buy mine but if you're patient, you'll find the right car.
I think you're thinking of that super cheap yellow 2008 Exige. The rear clam on this looks absolutely normal.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Oh nvm then. Well I looked up the dealer reviews and it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy.

To be honest, I would never buying something from a dealer unless I'm buying a brand new car or I personally know the salesman

I spoke to a dealer up in Portland about an exited and while the dealership had amazing reviews, he ended up leaving out a lot of cruicial info on the car that I later found out on LT. Their job is to sell cars..... And they will do anything to do so

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Even the lotus symbol on the rear clam is wrong
Is there a "right" one? My '06 came with the round yellow badge but I've seen other '06s that came with the raised LOTUS and some without it raised (just LOTUS).

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Is there a "right" one? My '06 came with the round yellow badge but I've seen other '06s that came with the raised LOTUS and some without it raised (just LOTUS).
The raised LOTUS is correct for that car. Your '06 had the flat sticker LOTUS originally, whereas the 2007 forward had raised letters. The round yellow badge has never been used for a Fed Elise or Exige (it is aftermarket).

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
The round yellow badge has never been used for a Fed Elise or Exige (it is aftermarket).
That doesn't seem correct to me. My '06 had it and a good friend's '05 has the round/yellow one as does two other friends with '05s. I seriously doubt the previous owner switched from raised to the round badge on mine.

Either way my real point is this - there is nothing "standard" about that sorta stuff on a Lotus. I swear there are no 2 cars exactly the same out there, even if same year/options. Just what you get with hand built cars (and personally I love it!)

-Ross

1 - 12 of 12 Posts