The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Lotus Elise SC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I've recently acquitted a 2006 Elise SC. I've been doing a lot of maintenance on it and fixing a few Lotus'y things. Having owned a 2005 Elise in the past, I am familiar with many Elise maintenance items but I've come across one I am having difficulty solving.

The clutch engagement is too high in the travel for my liking. I think if I could adjust the friction point of the clutch to be closer to the floor ( a little, certainly not on the floor ) it might make it easier to shift more smoothly.

I'm sure you've already guessed the problem: it's just about impossible to even see the clutch mechanism by laying on the floor so I am hoping someone might have some experience with this adjustment and could suggest what tools to use, or how to attack it. I'm not a big guy but even with the seats out, I can't seem to get in there and even get a look at the mechanism.

Maybe there's even the possibility of accessing from the top through the access cover over the brake master??

I'm open to any suggestions including just living with it

thanks in advance
Jeff B

·
Administrator
12,651 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Lotus Elise SC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Catsailr27 - thanks, I forgot to search first! My mistake.

From reading this thread it sounds like from '06 on, the possibility of adjusting the clutch is gone.

thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
That thread was confusing as hell lol! Is there a way to do this in 2005? It seems like it's a highly debated topic and nobody was really giving instructions on how to do this.

·
Administrator
12,651 Posts
That thread was confusing as hell lol! Is there a way to do this in 2005? It seems like it's a highly debated topic and nobody was really giving instructions on how to do this.
Post #17 covered it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts